Princess Chatter
December 12, 2018, 09:44:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Princess  (Read 742 times)
Jadejohn
First Officer

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2018, 11:17:51 AM »

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best decks for staterooms on the Royal Princess are to be on? Any recommendations for Hotels near the Port of Los Angeles?

Thanks
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:53 AM »

We always go on the Emerald deck bump out cabins mid ship. They have decent size balconies and it's quicker to get to the Piazza & show lounge.
No idea about hotels near Los Angeles.
ccrain
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:07:55 PM »

We always stay at the Doubletree. Free shuttle, walk to restaurant. Not too bad using SuperShuttle from LAX and it takes HH points!

Only downside is that last minute shopping is no where around...
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 03:36:26 PM »

As I recall there weren't any stores even close by.
Jadejohn
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:30:16 AM »

Thank you all!!
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 04:54:15 PM »

Any recommendations for Hotels near the Port of Los Angeles?

We always stay one of the nice hotels near the shore line park and aquarium in Long Beach.  SuperShuttle to Long Beach from LAX then the next day take a very short taxi ride to catch the ship at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro.
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 05:12:13 PM »

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best decks for staterooms on the Royal Princess?

I would tend to not pick the Marina deck (15) directly under the Lido deck and not pick the Emerald deck above the Promenade deck.  That said, E726 and E727 are worth a look.

The better question is what cabin should you chose?  I say: 1. Pick a cabin that is away from noise generators like an elevator lobby, laundry rooms, Princess Theater curtain shafts and the gym. 2.  Lower decks and center ship may slightly reduce feeling the ship motion.  You'll find more tips in the Cruising Tips Chatter discussion board in Princess Chatter.  You'll find a link to that board on the Chatter main page.

pizano
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 01:55:33 PM »

Great thing about Doubletree is that they let you park your car in a specific place on their lot for your entire cruise.  I have done so for 28 day So. Pacific cruise.  If you live within driving distance to San Pedro and your cruise starts and ends in San Pedro you can't beat their PARK and CRUISE package.  Great hotel, great service, good prices!!
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 03:12:08 PM »

Great thing about Doubletree is that they let you park your car in a specific place on their lot for your entire cruise.  I have done so for 28 day So. Pacific cruise.  If you live within driving distance to San Pedro and your cruise starts and ends in San Pedro you can't beat their PARK and CRUISE package.  Great hotel, great service, good prices!!
Hotels in Ft Lauderdale do something similar but some limit you to a max number of days (around 10 to 14) & then begin charging per day. I've never seen anything close to 28 days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: