Author Topic: Crown Princess Mystery  (Read 247 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
Crown Princess Mystery
« on: January 13, 2020, 03:46:58 PM »
I'm hearing that the January 6, 2020 Crown Princess cruise in the Med. skipped three of its six planned stops.  It's a mystery right now as to why?

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Crown Princess Mystery
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
If you had experienced the winds on the Regal this past mid Dec it wouldn't be much of a mystery.

We had to moor at the backside of Grand Cayman it was blowing so hard and had to use a shuttle to get into town. After arriving most of the shops were closed anyway.

In Cozumel the capt managed to get in but was fighting a 40-50 MPH wind as we approached the dock & he had to inch his way every few feet. It was the same day as the tow Carnival ships had there little mishap.
From what I read they people did get compensated for their loss even though the ship doesn't make any promises that they will get you to those ports.

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 04:19:31 PM »
We got hit by a major wind gust on the Crown Princess in a driving rain storm last month.  Some kitchen, Horizon Court Shops had minor damage that was observed.  Crew was somewhat rattled but officers were not.

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 05:45:06 AM »
For some reason it's been really windy this winter season in the Caribbean. We were on the Regal in Jan & had constant wind throughout the cruise having to dock on the backside of G Cayman & in Cozumel arrived 2 hours late due to the accident with the Carnival ships + 40 MPH wind making us inch into the dock.
We're leaving again this Sun & I suspect not much has changed as I'm reading that the Crown this week is experiencing the same thing.