Princess Chatter
July 23, 2017, 09:50:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Princess Blog  (Read 7901 times)
Sanibel*Gal
First Officer

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:52:03 AM »

I received an email yesterday from Princess - New Princess Blog Reveals 50 Essential Experience: The Travel Bucket List.  Below is part of the intro.....

"Few people have seen more of the world than Princess Cruises® own destination experts. In the past 45 years that Princess ships have been sailing to all seven continents, many of our longest-serving shipboard and shoreside employees have logged thousands of sea and air miles visiting hundreds of countries, cities and sites.

We're often asked, "You've seen it all. What places do I really need to have on my travel bucket list?" On a weekly basis for the next year, many of our 15+ year employees will share their inspirational stories that make up our 50 essential travel experiences.

Enjoy the journey! Visit the new Princess Cruises blog today at www.50EssentialExperiences.com, and tell us what's on your travel bucket list!"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:31:59 PM by Host Mike » Logged
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 05:58:11 AM »

There's a wonderful opportunity for us to create an annual Princess Chatter "Worst Princess Blog Prose" Award

Example:

"When I came through the chapel entrance, my heart leapt. Inside were the tiles. Blue. A familiar shade of cobalt.  At that moment I felt my grandmother’s presence.  Although she was miles away in my hometown of Reno, Nevada, I had never felt closer to her."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:32:27 PM by Host Mike » Logged
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:45:56 PM »

"And just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, we returned to camp for some puppy play time.  Holding the latest litter of future sled dogs in our arms, feeling their soft fur and little wet tongues, was the perfect end to our time on the glacier."

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/10/11/dog-mushing-on-a-sunlit-glacier-3/#more-137

Who writes this stuff?  Oh never mind,  It's coming straight from Princess.
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 04:52:43 PM »

"And just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, we returned to camp for some puppy play time.  Holding the latest litter of future sled dogs in our arms, feeling their soft fur and little wet tongues, was the perfect end to our time on the glacier."

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/10/11/dog-mushing-on-a-sunlit-glacier-3/#more-137

Crikey..I can get that treatment at home from the Labrador.

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (381 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O, Carnival and Sitmar.

Last cruises:
1 March 2014 - Golden Princess - South America & Cape Horn - Buenos Aires to Los Angeles - 31 days.

13 April 2014 - Arcadia - Central Mediterranean - Southampton to Southampton - 18 days.

Future cruises: Working on it !
obendus
Watch Captain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:24:39 PM »

There's a wonderful opportunity for us to create an annual Princess Chatter "Worst Princess Blog Prose" Award

Example:

"When I came through the chapel entrance, my heart leapt. Inside were the tiles. Blue. A familiar shade of cobalt.  At that moment I felt my grandmother’s presence.  Although she was miles away in my hometown of Reno, Nevada, I had never felt closer to her."

The more I read, the more I concur. Opportunity? Perhaps a mandate.
On occasion the cruise industry becomes far too internally self supporting, and ingratiating.
This will likely go the way of the dodo bird, given time.
obendus
Watch Captain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 07:27:11 PM »

Crikey..I can get that treatment at home from the Labrador.

But you can get this from a 49 cent novel. Has any struggling publisher been laying off staff?
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 10:09:14 PM »

"I was surprised so little had changed, but my heart was gladdened to see the entrepreneurial spirit was still very much alive with little businesses flourishing everywhere."

"I didn’t have an epiphany or a cathartic episode, the kind of experience one would see in a movie.  I was just emotionally drained for a day."

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/10/18/a-soldier-returns-%e2%80%a6-as-a-tourist/#more-342

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:31:20 PM by Host Mike » Logged
obendus
Watch Captain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:22:05 AM »

"I was surprised so little had changed, but my heart was gladdened to see the entrepreneurial spirit was still very much alive with little businesses flourishing everywhere."

"I didn’t have an epiphany or a cathartic episode, the kind of experience one would see in a movie.  I was just emotionally drained for a day."

Oh my. No need to review this blog for excellence in writing.
Sanibel*Gal
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »

You guys are brutal - picking out only those BIG, fancy words (LOL) Grin
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 01:32:35 PM »

"On our visit we ambled along the streets downtown, marveling at large-scale examples of Art Deco such as the Old Telegraph Building, and smaller ones such as Kidson’s Building."

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/10/25/art-deco-treasures-from-tragedy/#more-498
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 11:04:58 AM »

"What a perfect addition to my collection of authentic animal bells (I have many…really…including cow bells from Bali and Switzerland)."

"Now, as I sit in our cabin in Alaska, our wonderful cruise may seem a distant memory, but I keep my donkey bell in a spot where I see it often and can reflect on my journey to the cliffs of Santorini."

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/11/01/the-sounds-of-santorini/#more-603
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 08:10:12 PM »

"The exhilaration on the ride down made me laugh out loud – at least during the moments when I wasn’t outright screaming."    Huh

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/11/08/bobsledding-down-the-unlikeliest-mountain/#more-746
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 12:59:54 PM »

"Just as we started through the last part of the Siq, I pressed ‘play’ for an unforgettable goose bump moment.  Handel’s music rose to a sudden rousing “forte tutti” entrance with trumpets at the precise time Petra’s towering treasury called Al Khazneh came into full view."  

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/11/15/majesty-and-music-in-a-lost-city/#more-855
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:28:08 PM by Host Mike » Logged
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 01:12:32 PM »

All great examples why I don't take time our of my schedule reading the blog.  Grin
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »

"As my husband signed the guest book, I took note of my father-in-law who, from the corner of my eye,  moved slowly around the room, pausing at intervals to stand close to artifact after artifact, drinking in the details."

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/11/29/a-castle-to-call-home/#more-1030
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: