Princess Chatter
July 19, 2019, 01:51:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grand Princess pictures after the rebuild  (Read 7174 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2011, 10:44:52 AM »

Click on this link to see the Grand Princess pictures after the rebuild.  Click on an individual picture to make it larger.  Picture source: Princess Cruises.

http://princessshutter.princessonly.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=68

NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 12:52:47 AM »

She looks like new ! Thanks Mike. Grin

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (480 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 06:14:58 AM »

There are a few changes but I think I'll wait a while till everyone else gets to rush on board to see the "new" ship & the prices drop back down to normal. This might create a few bargains on the other ships till then.
I hope they changed some of the mattresses that were ready for the trash.  Angry
obendus
Watch Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »

Click on this link to see the Grand Princess pictures after the rebuild.  Click on an individual picture to make it larger.  Picture source: Princess Cruises.
http://princessshutter.princessonly.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=68

Thanks Mike. Quite a few of us followed the transformation with great interest.
It's wonderful that Princess made the effort to provide us 'cruise nutters' with
the videos/stills of the drydock.
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 12:47:47 AM »

In my opinion still sad they removed 'Skywalkers' one of the best features of the 'Grand Class' ships. Angry

One would presume Star will be the next to under go cosmetic surgery. Shocked Any rumours there?

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (480 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:44:55 AM »

In my opinion still sad they removed 'Skywalkers' one of the best features of the 'Grand Class' ships. Angry

One would presume Star will be the next to under go cosmetic surgery. Shocked Any rumours there?
My wife thinks the same thing. She keep asking everyone about it on the Star & some people seem to think they will remove it but nothing definite. I personally don't think so as it's a major expense and was only done on the Grand because they had some structural damage & the repairs would have cost major $$$ compared to removing it.
We never utilized Skywalkers that much on any of the ships since unless it's very calm the movement was always amplified and does get annoying after a while. The few times we were there at night the place was practically empty.
On our last trip in April, we had a Captains cocktail party there at 7:15 PM. The seas were relatively calm and you could hardly keep a drink on the table without holding on to it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:51:00 AM by RichC » Logged
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 02:47:51 AM »

They removed Skywalkers on the Grand because the aft ship draft was too deep for docking in some ports.  The other Grand class ships used thinner metal in the back, based on the discovery of the Grand Princess aft weight problem, so Princess has no plans to take the cutting torch to any more ships.
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 12:58:58 AM »

Thanks for posting the pictures!  WAH! though.  I miss the look of Skywalkers.

Glad only the Grand is going to have it whacked off from the heavy aft.

Cheers!

Suzy
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 01:26:40 AM »

OMG!  I never quite understood all the Grand changes other than the Skywalkers removal.  I was looking in my 2012 new Europe brochure.  They blew out the kids area to create the new nightclub, and then blew out BOTH spa locker rooms right next to the spa for the NEW kids area?  OMG! OMG!  Kids next to the spa?  What they heck were they thinking?

I need to see this to believe it.  Need pictures of that area.  Is there ANY changing rooms for the spa now?  Someone going on the Grand needs to take pictures for us!   Roll Eyes

Suzy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: