Princess Chatter
July 19, 2019, 01:36:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DAWN PRINCESS - WORLD CRUISE - PAX TOLD NO MORE BOOZE TO BE CARRIED ON  (Read 15354 times)
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »

Hi - I looked up the alcohol policy in the official travel agent Website, which is different from www.princess.com.

What was REALLY interesting was that it was 'last updated 7/12/11', meaning I don't know what it was before this, but SOMETHING was just modified.

"Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) onboard for consumption. You must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at port of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered  to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A corkage fee of $15.00 USD per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought onboard by You and consumed in the ship's restaurants."

I wonder if they TRIED to make it more strict, but had to change it back to this.  Methinks so!

Suzy
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »

thread bump
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 02:44:45 PM »

I've never see Princess get more strict about their liquor policy except for one post a few weeks ago about cruises leaving from Australia. Just leaving things the way they are seems to be OK since they're still making a decent profit & if they were to tighten the Reigns it would probably just have a negative effect anyhow. We usually take a 12 oz coke bottle filled with rum & another with a cordial it's more than enough for us combined with the Captains repeater party wines & Captains lunch or cocktail party. Even of we ran out we could always take on another bottle from any of the islands without any problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: