Princess Chatter
May 26, 2017, 12:26:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 - 2014 Cruise Announcement Date.  (Read 12931 times)
Livetocruise
First Officer

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »

When will Princess issue the schedule for April 2013 to April 2014 ? Huh
kuldalai
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:14:58 AM »

Based on past years the program is usually announced around March, and  fellow poster Suzy Cruisy usually gives us the word a few days in advance of the public announcements. So the program for 2013 - 14 should be announced around March 2012.
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 05:11:26 PM »

Hi.  Just wanted you to know I met with my Princess rep this past week and she knows nothing yet.

As soon as I see something, I'll post.

Cheers!

~Suzy
kuldalai
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 02:59:47 AM »

Princess  CEO  in Australia for a 'junket" sailing on DAWN Sydney to Melbourne co-incides with Media Release from Princess in Australia that  SEA will join Sisters  SUN & DAWN permanently from 2013 Downunder.

Also drip fed out,   Princess will operate three (3) extended voyages from Australia in 2013 :

-  SEA Princess will operate an inaugural round the world cruise ex Sydney . (inaugural for sea Princess !)

-  SUN Princess will reprise the Circle Pacific Itinerary (of 2012) from Sydney. ( DAWN in 2012 inaugural).

- DAWN Princess will operate a new  round trip from Australia to Europe and return .  No Itinierary or port details as yet .

Bookings for 2013  open in Australia  Friday  16/12/2012 .
kuldalai
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 02:33:00 AM »

Suzy Cruizy do you have any advance info re Itinerary and Ports for the Dawn Princess round trip cruise from Australia  July 2013 to Europe.

In typical fashion Princess announce it and bookings open  Friday 16/12/2011, but as at today Wednesday  14/12  it is still not up un their website .  Hopeless .  How can people be expected to book for something that is a national Princess secret till the actual bookings open ?  Very poor marketing by Princess .
Livetocruise
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »

Considering the Holland America , Carnival and NCL have there schedules out thru fall of 2013
 Princess is probably soon to follow. Shocked
Livetocruise
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 09:16:02 AM »

Hearing rumours that March 15 is the day that Alaska & Europe  2013 will be on sale.
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 04:55:14 PM »

Everything I know is found at:

http://schedule.princessonly.com/PSkedVer2.xls

Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:16 PM »

Hi.   Here is what I know so far:

Agents should have the press release with details later this week for Summer 2013 voyages (mainly Alaska and Europe).  My rep said projected email blast is March 1, but in the past I've learned this date is not solid.  So, later this week or this weekend they will send he general announcement to all agencies.

On March 6 they will have two live web seminars for agents telling us about the said new voyages.  One of the topics is "recategorization", so expect some changes to cabin categories for 2013-14 and beyond.  NO idea what is in store.

For sure March 15 is the launch date for Summer 2013 voyages.

My sales rep estimated the rest of the voyages would open 'about a month later'.  I will post as soon as I know more.

Cheers!

Suzy
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:25 PM »

Here is the high level summary I put in my NEWSletter yesterday.  I'm sure Princess will put out a detailed press announcement soon, and you won't have to guess on the stuff I didn't write.  Mike, didn't your inside contact give you a copy of the release this year so you can work on your spreadsheet?

ALL OF THE BELOW OPEN MARCH 15.  Please don't call Princess before March 15.  I once got in trouble from Princess for posting too much info on CC and having silly people call Princess before the opening date and mentioning "Suzy said..."  This is just FYI so you can discuss with your own agent.  Thanks!

Alaska Deployment

Diamond and Sapphire Princess will do north and southbound Voyage of the Glaciers between Whittier and Vancouver on Saturdays.   Coral Princess will do the same on Wednesdays, and Island Princess on Mondays.   The itinerary is the same as past years.   The cruisetours connecting to these voyages are similar to 2012, with a few new ones as exceptions. 

Star Princess will do round trip Seattle on Saturdays, with itineraries alternating between Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm.  If you are wanting a Saturday, I strongly suggest you pick a Glacier Bay version.  Golden Princess will do round trip Seattle on Sundays, same as last year with itineraries including Tracy Arm.

Grand Princess will do the 10 night round trip San Francisco duties in 2013.  The itineraries are a large mixture.

Europe Deployment

For the NEW Royal Princess you should read the Royal page on Princess.  Her official maiden voyage will be a 7 night cruise from Southampton to Barcelona on June 16.   She will do Grand Mediterranean 12 night voyages between Barcelona and Venice from the end of June to the end of September.  Her maiden Transatlantic will be from Venice to Fort Lauderdale, 18 nights, October 9.

Also doing the Mediterranean will be the Pacific Princess doing mostly Holy Land voyages again, and the Ruby Princess.   Ruby will do a continuous loop of Greek Isles voyages between Venice and Rome from May through September and then break off to do a few 7 night voyages that can be combined in many different combinations.  In October and November she will sail a couple Grand Mediterranean sailings and a few more Greek Isles before a Venice to Fort Lauderdale Transatlantic November 29, 15 nights.

Northern Europe and the Baltic Region will again be well represented by the Emerald Princess doing 11 night Scandinavia and Russia from mid May to mid September.  She will transatlantic from Copenhagen to New York September 10, 16 nights, through Iceland and Greenland.   Ocean Princess will again work from the home port of Dover with various Baltic and Norwegian voyages as well as many 8 night Ireland and Scotland voyages.  She caps off her season by repositioning to Sydney, Australia using three different voyages.  September 7 she does 10 nights London to Rome.  September 17 28 nights Rome to Singapore.  And 20 nights Singapore to Sydney is the end of her announced season.

Caribbean Princess will again be homeported in Southampton doing mostly 12 night British Isles voyages May through August.  She has ONE North Cape voyage on June 17.  She transatlantics through Iceland and Greenland on August 28, the same as this year ending in New York. 

Crown Princess is also stationed in Southampton, but will do a large variety of cruises.    Too many to list, but the choices are Mediterranean Medley, Mediterranean & Adriatic, Baltic Region, Canary Islands, Norwegian Fjords and Spain and France.   Many of her voyages are offered once, so if you like any of these voyages from the 2012 docket act quickly on March 15. She does a 14 night transatlantic on October 26 with Paris, Vigo, Lisbon, the Azores and Bermuda on her way to Florida.

At this point Princess has announced and will open on March 15 ONLY the Summer voyages (all Alaska or Europe).  They will again have NO ships doing East Coast USA departures in the Summer.  Other voyages beyond Summer will be announced in about a month, with no specific date given.   I heard a RUMOR ONLY when on Caribbean Princess last week that Royal was going to do 7 night Western Caribbean voyages once she hits the USA next October, but I have no definitive info on that until they do a specific press release.

Cheers!

Suzy
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:08:58 PM by Suzy Cruisy » Logged
ccrain
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:00:59 PM »

Interesting lineup.

Four, count them, four Grands on the West Coast during fall/winter - five during the Alaska season. I can't believe the three (Grand, Golden and Sapphire) will all do Hawaii and with Mexico, with coastals mixed in.  I wonder if the Sapphire might be cleared up to do more exotic R/T's out of LA in the fall and winter. Similar to the 28 day Tahiti that she does now, but on a more extensive and frequent scale.

So the Golden does Hawaii, that's easy, Diamond heads west, that's easy, the Star heads around the horn, also easy, and the Grand does ?? and the Sapphire does ??

Don't you just love the anticipation?

kuldalai
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 03:43:38 AM »

Full details here on these links folks for   Europe(Mediteranean),  Europe (Northern),  Alaska .  N:B:  In 2013 Ocean Princess leaves Rome a full month earlier (Mid September) than past years for Asia, Australia and South Pacific .

Europe/Mediteranean  :     http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1984/MediterraneanOverview3-1%28r1%29.pdf

Europe/ Northern :  http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1984/NorthernEurope3-1.pdf

Alaska :  http://content.princess.com/pcan/images/1984/AlaskaOverview.pdf
Livetocruise
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 12:30:33 PM »

I'm waiting to see what the Princess cruises will be  Fall 2013/Spring 2014.
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 10:13:18 PM »

HI.  Email today from Princess - MAY 3 (Thurs) we will have opening of all remaining 2013-14 voyages - Americas and Exotics.

No details at all.  We get that in a later email.

Just FYI

Suzy
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »

Hi!

I got the big nasty press release yesterday, so I haven't had time to summerize it.  I can pray for tomorrow.

Meanwhile, FYI Royal Princess will start with a 5-day Eastern Caribbean cruise 10/29/13 - FLL, Princess Cays, sea, Grand Turk, Sea, FLL.   I'm booking that one!  Going to invite everyone I know to join me and hold a big group block for my travel agency.  Smiley

After that Caribbean Inaugural, she does 7 night Sunday departures of a standard 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Princess Cays, St Thomas and St Maarten from 11/3/13 to 4/27/14.

I want to get the whole thing summerized to send a NEWS out after Wednesday's Web seminars for agents, but not sure when I'll have time.

If a bunch of folks from this board decide to do the Caribbean Inaugural, maybe we can have a bona-fide Princess Only get together onboard!

Have to run now,

Suzy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:29:41 PM by Suzy Cruisy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: