Princess Chatter
July 16, 2019, 05:12:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carnival owned Cunard is deeply shocked about child care sex attacks  (Read 2187 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 8769



View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2012, 06:21:31 AM »

"A former Cunard cruise ship worker who lived in Wiltshire has admitted carrying out sex attacks on 13 boys while working as a supervisor for a children's activity area.

Paul Trotter, 34, who was living in Wiltshire at the time of his arrest, pleaded guilty to a string of sexual assaults and taking, making and possessing indecent images of children, most of whom were under the age of 13 at the time.

The supervisor made films of himself abusing the children in his care on board three cruise ships, operated by Cunard, Swindon Crown Court heard. He also possessed other indecent images of children he had obtained online.

In a statement Cunard, part of the Carnival Corporation group and owners of the Costa Concordia which ran aground earlier this year, said it was "deeply shocked" by Trotter's "appalling crimes".

http://www.stamfordmercury.co.uk/news/cruise-ship-worker-abused-children-1-3758632
Logged
nabs14
Staff Captain
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 315



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »



And so the bad publicity just doesn't seem to stop for Princess associated ships.  Certainly not setting well with the public especially for those who have never cruised with Princess...   
Logged
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore
*****
Offline Offline

Gender: Male
Posts: 8769



View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 08:46:16 AM »

"A 34-year-old British man who admitted to abusing children while working as a children's area supervisor on several cruise ships is heading to prison for four years.

USA TODAY sister paper The Daily Echo of Southampton, England reports that Paul Trotter of Pontefract, England also will be placed on the UK's sex offenders' register for life and banned from working with children.

The punishments, handed out by a UK judge on Friday, come after Trotter admitted to a string of sexual assaults on 13 boys while working on Southampton-based Cunard Line's Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth between 2007 and 2011, the Daily Echo says. Trotter also admitted to the taking, making and possession of indecent images of the children, who were between the ages of seven and 13, the news outlet reports."

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2012/05/cunard-cruise-ship-sexual-assault/692901/1
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!