Princess Chatter
July 19, 2019, 01:54:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 - 2014 Cruise Announcement Date.  (Read 19521 times)
califgary
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 02:44:53 PM »

This is a link to an excel spreadsheet being shared over on cruisecritic.  It has alot of data on itineraries into 2014:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/240053/Download/2013-2014%20ProgRel-US.xls

The spreadsheet has various tabs by region - check it out.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:50:37 PM by califgary » Logged
nabs14
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »

Clicked on it several times & it would not come up?? 
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2012, 06:20:36 PM »

I'll be updating the unofficial schedule shortly with mostly limited information.  I've noticed that Princess is adding a bunch of short 4 and 5 day cruises.  This cuts both ways.  It tends to turn off the seasoned cruiser, attracts the low fare unwashed newbies, cheapens the cost of earning Princess Platinum and Elite levels and cheapens the brand.
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 07:33:43 PM »

For those of you that can't open the Excel, all I had time to summerize today was the 'new and different' things for my NEWS I'll blast tomorrow.  Most everything else not listed is just the same as prior years, but maybe on a different ship.

Popular Voyages that I predict will sell out fast beyond the Royal Princess:

I expect some of Ocean Princess’ repositioning offered once voyages to sell like hotcakes.  In the Fall of 2013, Singapore to Sydney, 20 days Asia & Australia on 10/15/13.   And in the Spring she does West Africa that was hugely popular in the past.  It is 30 days Cape Town to London on 5/7/14.  Before West Africa she sails 31 days from Singapore to Cape Town 4/6/14.  And preceding that 20 days Australia & Asia Sydney to Singapore, the reverse of the first sailing I mentioned above.

Princess will again offer the Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa 28 day loop from Los Angeles that sells quickly.  Sapphire does it 10/19/13 and Golden does it this 4/1/14.

New and different from prior years –

Get this, Princess has suddenly decided that we like to take cruises of less than 7 days sometimes!   Some of you might think its silly, but the tiny voyages they’re opening next month are a great opportunity to stack up cruise credits towards being Platinum or Elite in the Captain’s Circle past guest program.  And since they’re not repeating ports (except for the home port) some of them will be great to do back to back.

Ruby Princess will do a plethora 4 and 5 night Caribbean voyages from Fort Lauderdale.  And there is no specific pattern either.  There is a huge variety on the slate.  The 4-day versions have one port and two days at sea, with the one port being Cozumel OR Grand Turk OR Princess Cays OR Grand Cayman.  The 5-day versions are either Western or Eastern.   Most of the Easterns have Princess Cays and Grand Turk with sea days.  Most of the Westerns have Cozumel and Grand Cayman with sea days.  Most dates they don’t repeat the exact itinerary, so you COULD do a 9-day easily without repeating a port (except Fort Lauderdale).

On the WEST COAST Golden Princess is going to do 3 & 4-night Sampler cruises from Los Angeles from late September 2013 to the 1st of December.  The 3-night versions just do Ensenada, Mexico with sea days.  The 4-night versions vary.  They all have Ensenada, as Mexico is required for the foreign port, but with that some are Catalina, some Santa Barbara and some San Diego.  Its another inconsistent pattern as well, so don’t expect continuous 3-day weekend cruises.  It’s a huge jumble with different day of the week starts.  Sapphire Princess also does a couple of these short ones from LA in January, 2014.

Grand Princess will remain home ported in San Francisco for the entire Winter.  Its been a while since we had that option.  She will sail a combination of voyages.  The most new and unique will be two 10-night Mexico voyages that hit Cabo San Lucas, Loreto, La Paz and Puerto Vallarta.  These are 9/17/13 and 3/5/14.   She will also do a few 7-night California Coastals to Southern California, and a large number of 15-night round trip Hawaii voyages.

The last one I want to point out as new or interesting is a 10-night voyage on Caribbean Princess as they reposition her from New York to Galveston 10/26/13.  You get Grand Turk, Aruba, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, with obviously 5 sea days mixed in.  That one gets high marks for the full gamut of Caribbean - East, South and West!  Following that, she does a quick 4-night cruise to Progresso, Mexico, and back on 11/5/13 if you live in the South and want your own chance for a short cruise!

Suzy
califgary
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »

It's out - we got our favorite cabin on the Grand out of San Francisco - hooray!!!! Grin
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »

For those of you that can't open the Excel, all I had time to summerize today was the 'new and different' things for my NEWS I'll blast tomorrow.  Most everything else not listed is just the same as prior years, but maybe on a different ship.

New and different from prior years –

Get this, Princess has suddenly decided that we like to take cruises of less than 7 days sometimes!   Some of you might think its silly, but the tiny voyages they’re opening next month are a great opportunity to stack up cruise credits towards being Platinum or Elite in the Captain’s Circle past guest program.  And since they’re not repeating ports (except for the home port) some of them will be great to do back to back.

Ruby Princess will do a plethora 4 and 5 night Caribbean voyages from Fort Lauderdale.  And there is no specific pattern either.  There is a huge variety on the slate.  The 4-day versions have one port and two days at sea, with the one port being Cozumel OR Grand Turk OR Princess Cays OR Grand Cayman.  The 5-day versions are either Western or Eastern.   Most of the Easterns have Princess Cays and Grand Turk with sea days.  Most of the Westerns have Cozumel and Grand Cayman with sea days.  Most dates they don’t repeat the exact itinerary, so you COULD do a 9-day easily without repeating a port (except Fort Lauderdale).

Suzy

Wow, and we thought when they reduced the real 14 day trips to 2 - 7 day B2B cruises that was a lousy move this is even worse. Now if we want to go for 16 days we forced to go back to Port Everglades three times and waste time waiting around for new pax & going through customs again and again and again. They're certainly not catering to their Platinum & Elite people who enjoy cruising.  Angry  I'd suspect all you will see on those trips are people with blue cards.
btw- is there a new Excel spread sheet for Princess only?
Two Tumbleweeds
Watch Captain

Two Tumbleweeds

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2012, 11:25:41 AM »

Europe Deployment
Also doing the Mediterranean will be the Pacific Princess doing mostly Holy Land voyages again,
Cheers!
Suzy

The itinerary for the Pacific Princess has been changed, and she will not be going to Israel and Egypt. In addition Her port of departure was also changed creating a lot of financial problems for us who had already booked flights and cannot get our money back.

Two Tumbleweeds
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 05:10:56 AM »

I'm working on the unofficial schedule update as we speak.  Princess did major, somewhat complicated, schedule rearrangements.  What's hard is they show reverse itinerary's on the same web page.  What's good is they now reference dates on each itinerary.  What's fun for me (and you) is finding schedule gaps showing likely wet or dry docks.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 05:54:25 AM »

I'm working on the unofficial schedule update as we speak.  Princess did major, somewhat complicated, schedule rearrangements.  What's hard is they show reverse itinerary's on the same web page.  What's good is they now reference dates on each itinerary.  What's fun for me (and you) is finding schedule gaps showing likely wet or dry docks.

Sounds great. It comes in very handy when trying to locate two ships in a home port at the same time when doing B2B trips.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: