Princess Chatter
June 22, 2017, 11:29:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Princess cabin changes  (Read 11989 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2012, 10:48:58 AM »

Royal Princess "Deluxe" balcony cabins will have a small sofa.  Also Royal Princess cabins will have:

"more contemporary decor, larger showers and hand-held shower heads, pillow top mattresses, upholstered headboards, bigger television screens, energy efficient lighting and card readers to help conserve electricity."

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/staterooms/index.jsp?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:06:36 PM by Host Mike » Logged
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »

The new Delux Balcony catagory looks VERY nice.  I would guess the pricing would be similar to the current mini-suites and minis will go up.
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 08:22:12 PM »

Anyone know what the cabin bathrooms will look like on Royal, size etc?  Hope they are bigger than Coral, smallest shower stall on any ship I have been on. One got attacked by the shower curtain every day.  We did Ruby and then Coral with a couple of days in between at Fort Lauderdale.  Certainly the shower stall on the Grand Class ship - Ruby was about a foot bigger all round then Coral. But apart from that, love the Coral.

I think the big guys just soaped the shower walls and spun around in there! Grin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:19:40 PM by NSWP » Logged

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (381 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O, Carnival and Sitmar.

Last cruises:
1 March 2014 - Golden Princess - South America & Cape Horn - Buenos Aires to Los Angeles - 31 days.

13 April 2014 - Arcadia - Central Mediterranean - Southampton to Southampton - 18 days.

Future cruises: Working on it !
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 09:38:06 AM »

We don't have any problem with the bathroom sizes the way they are today so if they were a little larger all the better. Since it is a cruise ship we're willing to sacrifice a little in the size they allow although our master bath at home is larger than their total sq foot standard size balcony cabin.  Cheesy
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »

Wish they gave square footage in those diagrams, so we can really see the difference.

Irritating they didn't improve the layout of the full suites though.  Why don't they get that having the toilet behind a second door far away from the bed at night is a pain?

I looked in the projected pricing and saw something interesting.  There is no 'lead' price for Oceanviews for Royal.  That column says N/A all the way down.  And the lead price for balcony vs mini seems about the same gap as the other ships.  So, maybe on this ship we're to think the lower type balconies are the 'new oceanview', and the Deluxe are a step up.  Hmmm... Hopefully, I'll learn all in the Webinar on the 6th.

Suzy
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »

"Basically, the new re categorization scheme, which applies to 2013 – 14 voyages and forward but not old ones, relates to ZONES on the ship from most desirable to least.  Amidships being the most desirable, extreme fore and aft not.   And then that crosses with deck groupings, which are most desirable to least.   Most desirable there would be sleeping decks between other sleeping decks.   You've GOT to look at the first graphic to see what I mean.

And then based upon these things, they've rezoned the ship from best two worst, or most popular to least to be more specific.  So if you look at the second slide you'll see that “A” is the most desirable section of the ship.  This would be amidships, no public decks above or below.   Then categories will use letters like M for Mini, B for Balcony, D for Deluxe, O for Oceanview, I for inside followed by the zone letter.

So, the best balconies will be Category B (for balcony) and A (for most desirable amidships).  So, I'd expect the new Category BA to be the very center section of Aloha, Baja and Caribe on the Caribbean Princess, as an example.   Amidships Minis will be MA instead of AA, etc.

There is another mystery element as well.  They will have numbers and not letters for specific cabins they consider ‘premium’.  So, S1, S2 for some suites, although suites will still have their longer names like Penthouse and Owner's Suite, etc.  I think they're going to nab some aft-facing minis and balconies with numbers as well, but they didn't say much about this.  So, the premium numbering system was glossed over in the class and more details will need to be forthcoming.   Other than suites, I'm not sure what else they dumped into those categories which will cost more than the lettered ones.

Without a deck plan, we can't really know exactly which cabins are in which new category.  They are working on it.   If I become enlightened, I will let you know.

As a side note, they didn't give square footage for the Royal's new Deluxe Balcony cabins, but they did say they have a full sized sofabed and amenities same as minis get now."

Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/deckplans/PC_Royal_Deckplans.pdf

Here is the deck plan.  Smiley

Suzy
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 12:45:37 PM »

NICE !

Thanks Suzy.
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:11 PM »

Yes; thank you, Suzy.
Suzy Cruisy
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 01:35:16 AM »

No problem.

Mike - no success flipping the scans?  I just rotated them twice to view, but I guess it didn't save before I sent.  You could print a hard copy in color and rescan?

If I have time ROFL ROFL ROFL  I want to go though the booking system and note square footages on various standard cabins (not the ones with the funky shaped balconies).

Here is a note I noticed today, simply because someone asked me about it... Category ?  DZ? cabins at the extreme forward of Emerald have solid steel balconies.  (They look extra big and odd shaped, but steel is thumbs down for sitting and enjoying views methinks.)

Suzy
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 04:01:40 AM »

Any changes on the Golden just booked E403, BA to LA on 1 March 2014. Huh

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (381 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O, Carnival and Sitmar.

Last cruises:
1 March 2014 - Golden Princess - South America & Cape Horn - Buenos Aires to Los Angeles - 31 days.

13 April 2014 - Arcadia - Central Mediterranean - Southampton to Southampton - 18 days.

Future cruises: Working on it !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: