Princess Chatter
June 26, 2019, 01:13:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Book your own shore excursions  (Read 2604 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2012, 01:37:59 PM »

"BOOK YOUR OWN SHORE EXCURSIONS Going with an independent operator for excursions instead of the cruise line is almost always cheaper and less crowded, whether it’s snorkeling in the Caribbean or dog sledding in Alaska. For example, Princess Cruises offers a six-hour estuary tour in Mazatlán, Mexico, from $79 a person. Viator, which links travelers with local tour operators, was recently offering a similar tour for $45 a person. The company introduced a shore excursions site, shoreexcursions.viator.com, last month, which makes searching easy by allowing cruisers to synchronize their itinerary with the site so that it displays only excursions in the ports their ship will visit on the days they will arrive. And its Worry Free guarantee promises you will get back to your ship on time for departure or Viator will get you to your next port of call at no expense to you. "

http://travel.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/travel/how-to-save-on-extra-cruise-fees.html
TrishEd
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:29:45 AM »

That guarantee is my concern. If I book thru Princess and there is a problem it is Princess who gets me there. I would have to see the guarantee in action before I book elsewhere. I have been on a cruise where the ships has waited for a returning Princess excursion and I have also seen the ship leave when some people who booked on their own where not back in time.
nabs14
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:30:30 AM »

Been there, seen that, not happy & never again...  Will seek tours from Princess... 
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »

I'll believe the guarantee when I actually talk to someone who missed the ship and was transported to the next port by the tour company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: