Princess Chatter
September 25, 2017, 06:23:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Costco  (Read 2994 times)
prince
Cruise Director

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2013, 08:09:36 PM »

Has anyone used Costco as their travel agent? Experience?

RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:35:58 AM »

Not really but I'll bet they make you buy a dozen or more in 1 sale.  Cheesy
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 03:58:12 PM »

Too funny, Rich; and don't even think about getting any help from Costco if you should run into a problem. 
Shadow Levine
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 08:41:00 AM »

I've used Costco for my last three cruises and I have gotten a good price and great service.  Definitely a vendor to think about.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »

I've used Costco for my last three cruises and I have gotten a good price and great service.  Definitely a vendor to think about.

I'm not a Costco or Sam's member but did you check out any other comparison prices from an online TA? We've got friends that belong to Sam's & we've gone with them a couple of times but hardly bought much as we only shop for the 2 of us. I suppose if you shop for 5 or 6 people in a family every week it might pay but for us we hardly broke even the times we did buy anything compared to shopping at our local supermarket.
prince
Cruise Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 07:12:10 PM »

I was asking about Costco Travel.  The only negative I found was that they will charge $25.00 to re-book your cruise or travel when there is a price reduction.  No charge, however, if you need to cancel.

Off-topic:
My other experience has been Costco hearing aids. Prices are one-third to lees than one-half of other hearing aid providers. Service and professionalism was better than the ENT who wanted to charge $6000 for a pair of hearing aids. I paid $2600 for the pair.
Shadow Levine
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:13 AM »

Yes we have booked trips through travel agents and through ta's online, but Costco usually seems to give us the better deal.  They do on board credits and also you can get extra special add ons if you watch the specials that they are running.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 01:29:47 PM »

It doesn't sound any different than a typical on line TA. they pretty much all offer some on-board credit & all run the "specials" from time to time- all without a membership fee. I get leery of any business that requires me to be a member in order to get their "special" prices. 
I suppose if I could get a price before joining & it were to be much better than any TA that I deal with I might reconsider. Undecided
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 12:23:04 AM »

We have a few Costco stores in Australia, but they are not into travel. Anyway I am my own T/A. Cool

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (460 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: