Princess Chatter
July 19, 2019, 01:36:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Norovirus Hits Again  (Read 2104 times)
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/24855709/fort-myers-facility-closed-due-to-norovirus#.UxHn7WyPK00

What I don't understand is the comment;

"More than half of the nursing home's residents have contracted the fast-spreading virus. It's transmitted by air, food and touch."

If that's true then there's no home for anyone on a cruise ship avoiding the Noro.
Sometimes I wonder about these reporters.  Roll Eyes

f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 03:08:06 PM »

If that was true then all the hand washing and sanitizer in the world would not help:  but it does help.  The statement is misleading.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »

If that was true then all the hand washing and sanitizer in the world would not help:  but it does help.  The statement is misleading.

I've even got my doubts about sanitizer working at all for a disinfectant. If they made the sanitizer strong enough to kill the bacteria on your hands it would probably be to strong for your skin. It might do some good but I don't count on it at all. We wash our hands just before leaving our room & touch just about nothing until we finish eating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: