Princess Chatter
December 12, 2017, 10:59:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a deep discounting T.A. Any suggetions?  (Read 3098 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2014, 04:16:51 AM »

I'm looking for a deep discounting T.A.  Any suggestions?
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:47:55 AM »

With all the checking I've done over the years I've always found that most of the TA's seem to cut their pricing to about the same level no matter how much you check. The TA I've used for the last 15 or 20 cruises is only slightly lower than all the rest. I've given up trying to save that last $10 at this point. After all how much more can a TA discount a cruise & stay in business?
ccrain
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 06:14:04 AM »

I agree with Rich if you are talking about internet based travel agencies or brick and mortar with large internet presence.

Most "local" TAs cannot match their prices and can only offer little goodies along with the standard Princess price.

That being said, Princess is becoming more competitive with their pricing as I am only able to save a couple of hundred dollars per person over the Princess price. Not like in the old days for sure when TA could give you prices that were 10-15% less than Princess.

RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 06:39:50 AM »

I can only laugh when I hear about the goodies that some people receive from their local TA's. It's as if they're getting something extra because their so well liked.  Cheesy
prince
Cruise Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:14 PM »

The price you pay is more dependent on promotions offered by the cruise line or by the time that you book. In my experience Celebrity has the lowest prices a year or more in advance of sail date, while Princess seems to have the best prices about four months out.

Also, some agents hold group space where the prices are lower than the list price.

I normally use CruiseCompete.com to get an idea of the "going" rate, then call my trusted, long-term travel agent who usually comes very close to the lowest price being offered.

If only the airlines played the same game.  Buying air tickets is like playing the lottery.  For domestic travel, I normally use Southwest. Southwest has no change fee and if the price is lower you get a credit, good for one year.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 01:53:52 PM »

I agree with Rich if you are talking about internet based travel agencies or brick and mortar with large internet presence.

Most "local" TAs cannot match their prices and can only offer little goodies along with the standard Princess price.

That being said, Princess is becoming more competitive with their pricing as I am only able to save a couple of hundred dollars per person over the Princess price. Not like in the old days for sure when TA could give you prices that were 10-15% less than Princess.

I just booked a cruise the other day directly from Princess (first time) for me. I was actually surprised that they offered $200 p/p cabin credit that my TA didn't. Maybe they are changing their way of doing business & in the future I'll have to pay more attention to their specials I receive my email.
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »

I just rebooked an inside on a Nov 30 Regal Princess cruise based on the current Princess sale.  Based on my various OBC's I'm now paying in the two hundred range for a seven day cruise on a new ship coupled with a very good chance for a free balcony upgrade.  With my Princess Visa rewards cash backs on top of this Princess is now even paying me to cruise!  What's not to like about that?
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 08:50:13 PM »

That's how to work the system, Host Mike.  Good job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: