Princess Chatter
July 16, 2019, 05:11:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Woman pays $164K per year to live on luxury cruise ship  (Read 3775 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »

"Lee Wachtstetter, an 86-year-old Florida widow, took her daughter's advice. She sold her five bedroom Fort Lauderdale area home on 10 acres and became a permanent luxury cruise ship resident after her husband died.

Mama Lee, as she's known aboard the 11-year-old Crystal Serenity, has been living on the 1,070-passenger vessel longer than most of its 655 crew members — nearly seven years."

http://www.app.com/story/life/home-garden/luxury/2015/01/19/woman-pays-per-year-live-luxury-cruise-ship/21869211/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:18:06 PM by Host Mike » Logged
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 06:17:12 AM »

Sounds like a lonely life to have chosen to live on a cruise ship. It might seem OK at first but after 2 or 3 months, I'd be jumping ship.
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »

Agreed!  When the first residence type ships emerged I thought that would be the way to go--not that I could ever afford it; but I thought that would be heaven.  But after taking a few longer cruises, I decided you can actually get too much of a good thing. 
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 07:31:56 PM »

I'm amazed that many of my non cruising friends want to discuss this news story about the lady with money to burn.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »

I think the people who don't cruise often or who have never cruised think being on a ship is never ending fun, fun, fun and you could never get bored with that. Right.  Roll Eyes

Don't get me wrong, it is fun but anything overly repetitious becomes drudgery after weeks of the same old thing every day. Just how many times can you see the same shows, the same movies, sit by the pool listening to the same songs as the cruise before, watch the ice carvings, the fruit carvings or hear the cruise director tell the same jokes?
There comes a point when even listening to the BBC seems exciting.  Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: