Princess Chatter
March 28, 2017, 03:15:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Impressions of Caribbean Princess Cruise Ship Out of Port Everglades  (Read 1697 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2015, 09:55:45 PM »

http://cruisefever.net/0315-first-impressions-of-caribbean-princess-cruise-ship-out-of-port-everglades/#comment-277242

RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 08:30:53 AM »

A very nice review but does not convey some of the downsides about the ship.

It's definitely in need a major repairs in dry-dock very soon. (i believe in April??)
Many items need to be addressed such as sewerage problems, broken chairs/trays in the show lounge, replacement of chairs cushions in the Piazza, tables legs with paint worn thin, keyboards worn so badly you can't see the keys, showers in the Lotus area with doors that don't close & handles that don't work & one that falls off in your hand, wave machine that doesn't function, carpeting in hall ways that needs more than a cleaning, etc.

The article paints a pretty picture but doesn't necessarily show any of the negatives.
It's still a nice ship and will be even better after dry dock but in the mean time after seeing the bad points I'd wait till they're fixed up a bit. 
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 06:37:57 PM »

I'm taking a Southampton to NYC repositioning cruise on the Caribbean Princess in September.  Count on me doing a no holds barred report on what I see.

Host Mike
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 08:36:44 AM »

Don't get my post as being all critical. The ship was still very good in terms of food, crew, entertainment, activities. At soon as they come out of dry dock & fix and freshen up the ship it'll be equivalent to any of the others of it's size and class.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: