Princess Chatter
December 12, 2017, 10:58:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG. Princess has ordered yet another Royal class ship. When will it stop?  (Read 683 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »

"The new Princess Cruises ship will be about 145,000-tons, carrying 3,660 passengers, and will include the signature elements that have become synonymous with the Princess guest experience. She will be built in Monfalcone with an expected delivery in 2022, and will be the sixth "Royal" class vessel, featuring the successful design platform used on “Royal Princess”, delivered in 2013, “Regal Princess”, delivered in 2014, and “Majestic Princess”, the world’s first ship designed specifically for the Chinese market and scheduled for delivery at the end of March 2017, as well as its sister ships – the two yet-to-be-named vessels also under construction by Fincantieri scheduled for delivery in 2019 and 2020."

http://ftnnews.com/cruise-travel/31460-fincantieri-to-build-two-new-cruise-ships-for-carnival.html
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 05:23:59 PM »

I'm happy for Princess that they feel the Royal Class ships are successful.  Unfortunately for me, as the older ships drift away so will my interest in cruising with Princess.  I'm trying Pacific Princess next year and if it is as wonderful as I expect I will probably have to start cruising less and cruise with Azamara and Oceania--that is unless Princess should decide to reacquire a couple of the R Class ships. 
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 05:29:51 PM »

With the life span around 20 some odd years all the older ships are being phased out rather quickly.
I'm waiting to a new class in the near future.
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 08:06:04 PM »

I do hope you are right.  I just hope the new class is thought out more carefully than the Royal Class.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:35:49 PM »

They could come up with something along the lines of the newer RCI ships eliminating some of the nonsense items.
Princess people don't need water slides, race tracks & rock climbing walls but they do have some nice features
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 12:09:23 AM »

They could come up with something along the lines of the newer RCI ships eliminating some of the nonsense items.
Princess people don't need water slides, race tracks & rock climbing walls but they do have some nice features

Even if they eliminated all the nonsense they are still too big for me; I did one cruise on Indy and it felt more like a Las Vegas resort than a ship.
obendus
Watch Captain

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 10:59:32 PM »

The virtual wall on some of the RCA ships inner cabins would be interesting. The lack of natural light makes me hesitant to book an inner cabin, although doing so would mean more cruises.

They wouldn't need to restrict this feature 
to mega ships.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: