Princess Chatter
November 21, 2017, 08:43:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ship Design  (Read 181 times)
prince
Cruise Director

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2017, 07:38:57 PM »

Some new ships are designed with more of a connection to the sea. MSC Seaside is one example with outside decks and venues. I think some of the newer NCL ships follow the same design concept.

Princess's newest ships (Royal, Regal) have done away with the wraparound promenade deck and are focused on the interior atrium. (I love the Princess Grand class ships.)

Has Princess lost the ball on design?
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 03:07:18 AM »

I am very disappointed with the Royal Class ships.
ccrain
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »

We too are disappointed in the Royal class design. Been watching the AWE channel lately to get an idea of what else is out there. Very impressed with the MSC ships, but they are crowded, the Carnival Vista class and Viking Ocean.

Been also looking at Regent for Amazon cruises as well...

We used the hate the Grand and Super Grand classes until we learned the trick (Anytime Dining to avoid the rushes) and now we seek them out. Loved the Island until they butchered her, but at least we'll spend 60 days on the Coral.

But the real bottom line so far is that the Elite Benefits on Princess are just so far above everyone else. I'm not sure we could even go back to washing our own clothes and/or packing a lot of stuff!!!!!
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 04:00:45 PM »

I agree; the Elite benefits are hard to walk away from--or so I thought.  We recently did a cruise on Carnival Miracle and booked an aft corner suite and though the ship was not as elegant as Princess we still had a great time.  We just did a cruise on Island Princess and I agree, they really chopped her up.  However, again, we had one of the new aft Vista Suites and that more than made up for some of the other disappointments.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 09:06:15 AM »

I guess you can say they've got me hooked on the new ships. The lack of certain things doesn't seem to affect our enjoyment of the ships & their perks are hard to beat.
We went on the Caribbean P. last Feb although I wanted to go back to the Royal and after the cruise my wife agreed that we'll stick to the Regal & Royal form now on. As good as the CB was it still lacked the features we enjoy on the Royal class ships. (mostly food)
ccrain
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 10:55:26 AM »

Our big thing is dancing. With the Grands you had at least 2 to 3 dance venues of differing music and differing floor sizes. From what I have gathered on the Royal class you have the atrium - sometimes - and trust me when I say that dancing on tile floors is worse than dancing on the sticky glass in skywalkers...
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 10:57:49 AM »

Dancing is something that doesn't interest me.
It doesn't even enter into my list of anything to do on a ship.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: