Princess Chatter
September 20, 2017, 06:48:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Rewards Visa  (Read 86 times)
Jadejohn
First Officer

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »

In January 2016 I signed up for the Princess Rewards Visa. At that time the website allowed me to view how many points where needed to receive the different amounts off the cruise. About a year ago that option went away and now no one at Barclays is able to provide me with that information nor is anyone able to provide me with an updated Princess Visa Rewards Program Guide (its like this information is top secret). Does anyone know where I can obtain this information? 
Also does anyone know if they are doing away with double point for Princess Purchases?? I paid for my January 2018 cruise about three weeks ago and the Credit Card company only applied one point for every dollar spent. I have contacted them numerous time about that all the only answer I ever get it "we're working on it and should have an answer in 7-10 days" (which was about 16 days ago). And lastly, can anyone explain to me what the following means? Again I have asked the customer services representatives this question numerous times and the only reply I get is what is written on the website.
 Princess purchase amount ($50 or greater) within last 180 days = Redemption points value
 $50 to $499.99 = 1%
 $500 -$2,000.99 = 1.25%
 $2,001-$4,000.99 = 1.5%
 $4,001+ = 2.0%
I understand the within last 180 days but not what they mean by the %??

I am so sorry for all the lengthy questions but since I can't get answers from the Credit Card company, I was hoping someone else knows the answers.
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »

I'm sorry, I can't help you:  but I can assure you you are not alone.  There are a couple of threads on this very topic in the Princess Cruises forum on Cruise Critic.  Nobody seems to know exactly how the card works anymore--least of all Princess and Barclay's Bank.  It's almost like they changed all the rules to deliberately confuse and confound us.  I have yet to hear a clear explanation of the percentages you ask about.  Also, if the points never expire, what is the "last 180 days" all about?

But the biggest problem seems to be getting the double points on Princess purchases.  One thing seems certain:  calling the number on the card (866-872-6248) seems pointless--they "open a ticket" on your request and promise to get back to you; and you have seen how that works out.  

One determined person on Cruise Critic came up with a number to a "Resolution Manager" and it seems to work:  866-928-3106.  I recently paid $10,000 on a future cruise but only received 10,000 points.  I called this number and before I hung up the full 20,000 points was on the screen of my online account.  Give it a try.

Jadejohn
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 01:20:15 PM »

Thank you so much for your help!! I will definitely give that number a call right now!

You are correct, it has become extremely confusing!
Jadejohn
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:36:16 AM »

Thank you again for supplying me with that phone number. I called yesterday and the double points where applied to my account within 5 minutes. The very nice gentleman I spoke with also explained the redemption points value percentages to me.

If that total amount of your cruise is say $4,001 you will receive 2% of your total points back. So if you have 100,000 points you would receive $2,000 off the cruise. The "within the last 180 days" means anything you spent on the cruise would have to have been spent within 180 days of redeeming the points. So for example, I put down a $200 future cruise deposit in January 2016. I would not be able to add the $200 to the price of my cruise in January since it was over 180 days ago.

Hope this helps!
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 02:37:37 PM »

Thank you so much for your replies.

I think what was confusing me was that double points and 2% back are two different things.  Double points are just that--double points--nothing else.  The percentage of your return depends on how much you spend with Princess. 

I still like the old system better; it was simpler and easier to understand.  X number of points will get you X number of dollars in statement or onboard credit; or X number of points will get you an Anniversary package, etc. etc.

Anyway, we've helped each other.  I'm so glad it worked out for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: