Princess Chatter
October 20, 2017, 03:50:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AIBP  (Read 157 times)
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:07:51 PM »

I note AIBP...'All Inclusive Beverage Package, now called Premier AIBP has gone up to US$59.99 plus of course the 15% gratuity.

I never buy them, not worth it to us. But those who do would need to drink 12 vodkas per day to break even.  Huh

We just share a bottom end $30 bottle of wine in the MDR and have a drink in the Elite Lounge or another bar pre dinner.  Normally get away with $50 or $60 per day for the two of us for booze.  Sometimes we don't even drink the entire bottle of wine, but keep it for the next night. Tongue

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (460 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:28:58 AM »

I never buy it either; but I think the increase is very unfair to those who do.  I am also afraid it is preview of future all around beverage increases.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 06:55:42 AM »

We would NEVER purchase it at the old price but what I find fascinating is how could Princess think people would even consider paying that much for it. Shocked
I doubt if this package will sell at all.
Someone at Princess headquarters came up with another brilliant money maker idea.
I can't wait to talk to one of my bartender friends this Nov to find out more details.
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 08:51:30 PM »

Thanks for your comments guys and on the Australian based Princess ships...Golden, Sea, Sun, the AIBP is AU$86 now, shortly to increase to AU$89 per person.   Suffice to say Princess cruisers all over are not happy. Cry

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (460 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
Jadejohn
First Officer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 03:38:55 PM »

I have the all inclusive beverage package on my next cruise coming up in January but only because it was included in the price at the time I booked the cruise. I would NEVER purchase it, not for  that much money! What is Princess thinking!
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 04:12:31 PM »

I have the all inclusive beverage package on my next cruise coming up in January but only because it was included in the price at the time I booked the cruise. I would NEVER purchase it, not for  that much money! What is Princess thinking!

There's a sucker born every minute.  Cheesy
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »

As drink prices approach $10 I can see somebody thinking that $70 a day might not be a bad deal--7 drinks could get you to the break-even point--but would you do this every day?  For a couple you're talking about $980 for a 7 day cruise.  Outrageous!
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 06:04:46 AM »

Since people have to pay for everyday they've got to get up real early on the last day to get their money's worth.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »

Since people have to pay for everyday they've got to get up real early on the last day to get their money's worth.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

Roll Eyes . . . and I'm sure some do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: