Princess Chatter
December 11, 2017, 10:10:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golden Princess to be moved to P&O Australia Fleet  (Read 309 times)
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2017, 09:26:01 PM »

Word from the industry is that in 2019 Golden Princess will be moved over to P&O Australia Fleet.  Not a sale of course, all part of the Carnival Corporation conglomerate. Grin

Golden has been based in Australia for some time now.

I wonder if Princess will move another ship here to take Golden's place?  Huh

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (460 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:26:05 AM »

One of the new ships perhaps?
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »

One of the new ships perhaps?

Yes of course, 'one of the new (20 year old) ships Carnival Australia boasts about.   Roll Eyes

I have friends currently on Golden, she is in a bad state, tardy, paint peeling, carpets, furniture needs replacing.  So no doubt a big refit/refurb before she is handed over to P&O Australia in a couple of years. Huh

Princess Elite Cruiser, (460 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 04:38:10 PM »

Golden Princess hasn't really been "here" for quite some time now.  But I do hate to see her go; I love the new suites on Sun Deck and I can't believe she has gone that far downhill since I was on her a couple of years ago.  That leaves just Star Princess and Grand Princess of the original Grand Class ships and I doubt if Grand will be around much longer. 
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 05:44:18 AM »

Golden Princess hasn't really been "here" for quite some time now.  But I do hate to see her go; I love the new suites on Sun Deck and I can't believe she has gone that far downhill since I was on her a couple of years ago.  That leaves just Star Princess and Grand Princess of the original Grand Class ships and I doubt if Grand will be around much longer

The Grand wasn't in great shape when we last sailed it 4 or 5 years ago. LOTS of rust.
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 02:16:59 PM »

I was on the Grand's second cruise in 1998; it was supposed to be the third but the Maiden Voyage was cancelled.  I will never forget hundreds of us standing on the pier in Barcelona, looking up in amazement at this huge new ship--unlike anything that came before it.  Interesting what 20 years can do.
nabs14
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 06:11:59 PM »

Back in 1998 I do remember we were on the Grand Princess out of Barcelona.  After arriving at the airport we were bused to the ship.  I do remember as we got close to the harbor we drove up over a hill & there was the docked ship in the harbor.  How beautiful she was there & also to cruise on her.  We had a beautiful balcony cabin & the cruise was wonderful.  I do remember cruising past the Rock of Gibraltar... a few cruises latter we did tour the Rock...  the Grand was new, fantastic & majestic...   Wink       
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 12:12:08 AM »

Golden Princess hasn't really been "here" for quite some time now.  But I do hate to see her go; I love the new suites on Sun Deck and I can't believe she has gone that far downhill since I was on her a couple of years ago.  That leaves just Star Princess and Grand Princess of the original Grand Class ships and I doubt if Grand will be around much longer. 

Perhaps the Aussies have not treated her too kindly !! Angry And perhaps Princess has not maintained her well.   We were also on Golden in March 2015, Buenos Aires to San Pedro -LA,  Around Cape Horn. She was in pretty good shape then. Kiss

Future Cruises:
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 12:15:13 PM »

Newest Princess ships go to China.  Oldest Princess ships go to (fill in the blank).
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 03:05:38 PM »

Wow,  I thought for sure they would put it in the Caribbean for the first season.  Angry
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »

Newest Princess ships go to China.  Oldest Princess ships go to (fill in the blank).

Answer: Australia.   Angry 

So what's the prize Commodore Mike ?   World cruise on that old rust bucket 'Sun Princess?'   I would accept the 'Frank Sinatra Suite. lol.

Future Cruises:
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 12:16:19 PM »

"Seven-night cruises on Ruby Princess will visit Glacier Bay National Park, while seven-night cruises on Star Princess will call at Tracy Arm Fjord. All cruises from Seattle will feature a late night in Juneau.

For those who wish to sample an Alaska Princess cruise, two four-night sailings on Golden Princess and one five-night sailing on Island Princess also are available.

Royal Princess will replace 3,080-passenger Emerald Princess, which is slated to reposition from Alaska to the Mediterranean 2019, for the line's biggest Europe season."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8263

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: