Princess Chatter
December 11, 2017, 10:08:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming no holds barred Princess review  (Read 283 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:27:47 PM »

I will be on the 10 day Panama/Columbia Caribbean Princess voyage in two weeks.  Be prepared for my no holds barred Princess review.

Two questions I will immediately seek to get answers on.  1. Are they now charging for popcorn in the MUTS?  2. What is the cause of the reported Caribbean Princess propulsion problem?

If you have Princess questions for me please post them right here.
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:42 PM »

I will be on the 10 day Panama/Columbia Caribbean Princess voyage in two weeks.  Be prepared for my no holds barred Princess review.

Two questions I will immediately seek to get answers on.  1. Are they now charging for popcorn in the MUTS?  2. What is the cause of the reported Caribbean Princess propulsion problem?

OK Mike, one for you to clarify on board from Future Cruise Sales/Captains Circle Host.

'Rumour around that Elites will receive notification of new cruises 24 hours before general release.'   Undecided

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (460 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:07:40 PM »

Elites can "book"  one day early.  Notices go to all at the same time.
obendus
Watch Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »

OK Mike... what is with the issuing of (1)One disembarkation baggage tag (per your recent review)?
And how do you define 'guff' when describing your experience obtaining 'Cokes' from the bartenders?
Thanks!
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 01:14:41 PM »

You can get more bag tags by asking at the passenger services or the excursion desk.  I prefer to have two bag tags on each bag in case one gets ripped off.  I also scotch tape around each tag.

The coke guff is that they simply make more tip money on the can cokes because the can coke price is higher than the gun coke.  They claim that the gun cokes are only for the coke stickers which is a lie.  They also claim that the can cokes have higher quality which is highly debatable.  If you stand your ground they'll sell you the cheaper gun coke as it is listed on their computer screen.

No charge was being made for MUTS popcorn.
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »

On the Caribbean Princess motor problem there are 4 propulsion electric motors.  Two electric motors in the same housing on the starboard side and two in the same housing on the port side.  On Caribbean Princess one of the two port side electric motors is not functioning up to spec.  This is causing the maximum ship speed to now be about 20 knots.  This is not fixable by the onboard maintenance staff.  Princess, I'm told, is taking their time "studying" the issue.  Meanwhile the Caribbean Princess seems to have taken Jamaica off of the ship's current Columbia/Panama Canal 10 day itinerary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: