Princess Chatter
April 21, 2018, 01:49:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 200 gastro sick on Sea Princess  (Read 495 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »

"About 200 people have been struck down with gastro onboard a cruise ship that docked in Brisbane on Thursday morning.

The Sea Princess, part of the Princess Cruises fleet, is completing the final leg of a two-week round trip between Brisbane and New Zealand."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-03/two-hundred-sick-as-gastro-hits-sea-princess/9302372
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 06:32:46 AM »

It seems to hit all the ships sooner or later.
Hard to stop it.
Right now I'm more concerned about the flu that appears to be spreading through all parts of the US.  Sad
I'm going to be a little more cautious being cooped up with 3,000 passengers from all parts of the world. Wink
nabs14
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:36:42 PM »

Besides all of the ways to keep gastro illness at bay we believe having a balcony is another way to keep gastro germs at bay.  We always enter our cabin, wash our hands, open the balcony door.  Depending on the time of day or night we allowed the sunshine & fresh air in the cabin.  We even had the balcony door open part way during the night.  Hearing the waves slap at the ship was very soothing.  Whenever we were in our cabin, the balcony door was open all the way or part way.  We believed that was a fact for keeping us away from the gastro virus...  Just a helpful suggestion to cabin cruisers.   Grin
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 04:56:41 PM »

Besides all of the ways to keep gastro illness at bay we believe having a balcony is another way to keep gastro germs at bay.  We always enter our cabin, wash our hands, open the balcony door.  Depending on the time of day or night we allowed the sunshine & fresh air in the cabin.  We even had the balcony door open part way during the night.  Hearing the waves slap at the ship was very soothing.  Whenever we were in our cabin, the balcony door was open all the way or part way.  We believed that was a fact for keeping us away from the gastro virus...  Just a helpful suggestion to cabin cruisers.   Grin

You obviously don't require AC.
nabs14
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »

No you are wrong, we do require some.   Cheesy
ccrain
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »

No you are wrong, we do require some.   Cheesy

We actually start 'cruise training' about two weeks prior in that constantly washing of hands, using germicides, keeping track of where we put our hands and what we do afterwards, etc. It almost needs to be an obsession.

My biggest pet peeve on a ship, or any other public restroom, is the inability to wash hands prior to touching anything! Love the handicapped stalls with the sink!
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »

They'll be sufficient germs floating around in the air so touching surfaces might be the least of you're worries. 
nabs14
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 09:02:04 AM »

I very, very highly doubt that statement...  Smiley
ccrain
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »

They'll be sufficient germs floating around in the air so touching surfaces might be the least of you're worries. 

..and viruses. I don't know if you have been reading Dilbert lately, but the article in 2015 about the Vomiting robot study and Noro is particularly apropos to the current Dilbert arc..
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 11:18:59 AM »

All I can say is we never get Noro but seem to always pick up cold viruses in the winter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: