Princess Chatter
October 19, 2018, 03:31:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Secret Silk  (Read 936 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2018, 08:46:30 PM »

"Princess Cruises has revealed the new artwork today for “The Secret Silk,” the third production created with award-winning composer Stephen Schwartz. Created by Katie Rodgers of Paper Fashion, “The Secret Silk” artwork was commissioned to reflect the whimsical nature of the show."

https://cruiseradio.net/princess-cruises-reveals-new-artwork-for-production-show/
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:23 AM »

I'm sooooo happy to see something new besides another dance & singing routine from the Broadway hits of years ago.  Cheesy
I'll b on the first Royal showing & I'd bet the place will be packed 45 minutes before showtime.
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:39:36 PM »

"The Secret Silk" is the third in a series of musicals written for Princess Cruises by Broadway composer Stephen Schwartz and will be performed on three Princess ships, starting with the Royal Princess.

It tells the story of an old Japanese couple who take in a stranger at their door, the daughter they never had. She spins marvelous silks — that the couple grows rich on — but always in private, thus the title of the show."

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/With-Secret-Silk-Schwartz-weaves-new-tale-Princess
TrishEd
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 04:07:25 AM »

I just got off of the Royal and went to the show. It was terrific. Everything was great. The production was wonderful. The cast received a standing ovation for at least 2 minutes.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 04:19:40 AM »

They even had a special showing on embarkation day at 12:30 for travel agents and anyone that knew about it by email.
The theater wasn't even filled.
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 11:37:18 PM »

Am on Royal 18 June, I hope the musical is on then.

I note it is on Island and Diamond, later on.

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (480 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 07:47:49 AM »

I know they were only scheduled for a certain amount of showings. I'm not positive when the troupe was schedules to leave the ship... possibly before the crossing to Europe?
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 11:38:21 PM »

I know they were only scheduled for a certain amount of showings. I'm not positive when the troupe was schedules to leave the ship... possibly before the crossing to Europe?

Thanks Rich, have to wait and see. Huh  Royal would be soon doing the transatlantic for the European summer cruise season, would it not?

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (480 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 07:02:26 AM »

They're leaving Ft Lauderdale for Europe on April 16.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: