Princess Chatter
October 20, 2018, 08:20:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EZ Air is not always EZ  (Read 461 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2018, 07:08:27 PM »

Executive Summary: If you like EZ Air economy you may have to pay for it.

I have been on the Princess hold from HELL three times trying to fix a flight that AA/Princess totally screwed up.  Here's the facts.  I had already fully paid Princess for a November B2B cruise and two B2B Airs.

Details:  I booked EZ Air first class at the end of a Princess California cruise for a little after two pm flight out of LAX.  I could have easily made a 12:28 pm flight but Princess told me that they would cancel my transfer from Long Beach to LAX as it was before 12:30 pm if I did that.   So far so good.  I then later discovered with NO notification from Princess or anybody else that my after 2 pm flight had been switched to 10 am at LAX all the while AA quietly had added a new flight at a little after 2pm.

That's when the merde hit the fan as far as I was concerned.  My remedy was to go to EZ Air on the Princess web site and change my flight back to the replacement 2 pm one. Stop the press.  EZ Air increased the price for the replacement flight.  That's when I called Princess and the holds from hell started.  Finally got someone at Princess on the line after nearly an hour and a half on hold to rebook me on the two pm flight at the previously agreed on price.

Subsequently I noticed that the replacement AA flight had now been booked and paid for by Princess but my flight going to LAX was "ticket pending."

That's when I got into a yelling match with Princess air. My high volume cruise agent in Ohio has to deal with Princess mistakes almost ever day and knows all about the holds from hell.  My blood started really boiling when the Princess air rep claimed (pack of lies IMHO): 1.  That travel agents are supposed to handle ALL EZ Air problems.  2.  Passengers are not supposed to use the Princess web site to correct EZ Air screw ups.  3. All EZ Air bookings are paid in advance by Princess even though the airline shows "ticket pending."  4.  The form that we formerly filled to force Princess to pay for the ticket no longer exists.  5.  ALL Princess reservation agents are specially trained to handle ALL EZ Air problems.  6.  If you don't like "flexible" EZ Air prices then just don't pick it.

Finally: another couple on the first leg of the cruise also got their EZ Air scrambled on their return flight but fortunately when they called Princess to complain they got rebooked and even got a slight air price reduction.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:03:39 PM by Host Mike » Logged
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »

Thanks Mike, I trust your blood pressure has settled. Grin

Personally I don't think Princess EZ Air is that competitive in price.  We fly from Sydney to Heathrow in May for land travel/cruises.  We like Cathay Pacific, going through Hong Kong.  EZ Air were $1000 more expensive per person flying business class than prices direct on Cathay web site.  So guess which way we booked?

Maybe EZ air is ok for other routes from/through U.S. ? Sometimes Huh

I am the high street travel agent's worst nightmare according to my son, owner/founder/director of www.chimuadventures.com (that is him in the picture)
As I book our hotels, air travel, cruises direct with the supplier.   Grin   Cut out the middle man, the T.A. Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:59:08 PM by NSWP » Logged

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (480 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: