Princess Chatter
April 19, 2018, 11:48:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess $49 advance board and disembark fee was tested on the Ruby Princess  (Read 71 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:25:51 PM »

"(11:55 a.m. EDT) -- Princess Cruises is piloting a new program that enables cruisers willing to pay a little extra to be among the first group of passengers to board their ship.

Called Princess Advance Boarding, the program is running on three Ruby Princess cruises between March 1 and March 25. The test price is $49 per cabin, with all occupants in the room receiving the benefits. Additionally, those who purchase the option can choose an early or late disembarkation time."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8488
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:02:13 AM »

I can't believe anyone would be so foolish to pay an additional $49 to board an hour earlier at most.  Cheesy
What about "Additionally, those who purchase the option can choose an early or late disembarkation time."
Does that meany they can stay on the ship after the new passengers are boarding? Possibly until the ship is ready to sail?
If it's the case it might actually might sell.
NSWP
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 11:42:08 PM »

I can't believe anyone would be so foolish to pay an additional $49 to board an hour earlier at most.  Cheesy
What about "Additionally, those who purchase the option can choose an early or late disembarkation time."
Does that meany they can stay on the ship after the new passengers are boarding? Possibly until the ship is ready to sail?

Just a cover charge for what Suite/Elite/Platinum cruisers get as a Captains Circle perk, priority embarkation and you can choose your disembarkation time, within reason.  I doubt the proposal includes staying on board until just before sailing, just a late disembarkation, e.g. 10am.

What next we ask, a charge for MUTS and the popcorn? Roll Eyes

CHEERS..Les from Batemans Bay, NSW, Australia

Princess Elite Cruiser, (480 days,) also cruised with Celebrity, P&O Australia and P&O UK, Carnival, Cunard and Sitmar.

Last Cruise:   March 2017 - QM2 - Sydney to HK - 18 nights.

Future Cruises:
May/June 2018 - Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia B2B with Sapphire - Baltic Heritage.  Total 21 nights.
June 2018 - Royal Princess - British Isles - 12 nights.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 06:59:51 AM »

Just a cover charge for what Suite/Elite/Platinum cruisers get as a Captains Circle perk, priority embarkation and you can choose your disembarkation time, within reason.  I doubt the proposal includes staying on board until just before sailing, just a late disembarkation, e.g. 10am.

What next we ask, a charge for MUTS and the popcorn? Roll Eyes
I can honestly see them selling first run movies on the TV with the new on demand system.
Why not? Almost everyone else is practically doing it for home viewing lately. They're well in advance of the movie release schedule on DVD.
Maybe even selling tickets for first run movies only shown in the show lounge on nights after the regular shows are over?
f-mattox
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 02:22:10 PM »

With MUTS and popcorn, don't forget the blankets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: