Princess Chatter
November 21, 2018, 02:58:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Cruise Line Makes Unexpected Dining Changes  (Read 256 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2018, 05:25:15 PM »

"Message boards across the internet lit up earlier this week as word spread that Princess had altered the set dining times for passengers who had chosen to go with “traditional dining.”
On Twitter, @yesthesamesue asked, “Why the change to dinner times? People do not want to eat at 4:30 or 4:45 p.m., and it’s going to make anytime dining a mess… especially since a lot of the time, ships don’t leave port until after 5 p.m.!”

https://cruiseradio.net/princess-cruise-line-makes-unexpected-dining-changes/

(ED:  This is one way to get passengers into the bars earlier)
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 04:43:30 AM »

I supposed it's aimed at people like myself & the wife who really don't participate doing sail-a-ways & like to eat early in AT dining. It relieves the DR of the crowd somewhat for anytime dining but that still irritates those that like TD.

In the article they quoted “We have been confirmed for early dining at 6 p.m. for months. Yesterday, I was checking something on my booking and see that I have ‘requested and confirmed’ 5 p.m. dining, which is too early for us. How can Princess do this unannounced?”

Like you said Princess will be selling more drinks than ever & just like the confiscation of coffee punches, it's all business at the cost of pissing off a few of their loyal customers.
I hope this brilliant idea comes back to bite them in the back side. Time will tell.
I suppose the late traditional will more crowded than ever & the early shows will be really packed 45 minutes early??? Huh
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 09:46:33 AM »

Shows now 6:30 and 8:30.  Anytime dining starts earlier as well.
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 02:54:31 AM »

We've been eating as early as possible & making the first show.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: