Princess Chatter
November 11, 2019, 02:42:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To join Princess Chatter send a request to princesscruiser@gmail.com.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carnival room service to now cost you and don't forget to add a big tip  (Read 894 times)
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:50:34 PM »

"They will be charging for everything except for a basic continental breakfast. “Starting mid-January, 2019,” he wrote, “we will be starting an ala carte stateroom service menu fleetwide. A wide variety of menu items will be available with a nominal cost ranging from $2 to $5 per item. Charges apply to lunch, dinner and late-night menu items.”

"Salads run between $2 and $3 dollars (with the option to add lemon chicken for an additional $2). Items such as wings, a Philly cheesesteak and pan pizzas run between $4 and $6 dollars, while sandwiches such as tuna salad, grilled cheese or a PB&J will cost you $4. A side of fries will cost $2, with sweet potato fries running $3.:

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-line-eliminates-free-room-service/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:42:38 PM by Host Mike » Logged
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 08:38:35 PM »

"Brand Ambassador John Heald announced the changes on his Facebook page, saying that the Bottomless Bubbles package would now be $5.95 per person, per day for kids and $8.50 per day for adults, plus gratuity."

"Heald’s big fear? That the price increase would bring out the cheap in some folks. “I hope I won’t be reading any comments saying that the small charge of $4 for a sandwich means that ‘I won’t be tipping the crew who brings the food,'” he wrote. “If you do order room service on our ships, please remember to tip the server. A dollar or two is fine because seeing a server carry a tray of food to cabin 2377 and have him place it on the dresser while politely ignoring the sight of someone like me in a Carnival bathrobe that doesn’t quite fit properly is bad enough. To have the door slammed in their face with no tip is far, far worse. Thanks, then, for looking after our room service waiters, it is much appreciated.”

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-cruise-line-eliminates-free-room-service/

Ed:  Don't forget to dress properly for the server.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 08:47:00 PM by Host Mike » Logged
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 07:25:33 PM »

"In a statement on the change sent to USA TODAY, Carnival said the new charges were being added in part to reduce food waste."

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2465007002
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:48:38 AM »

This will keep the waste to a minimum.
Can princess be far behind?
TrishEd
Staff Captain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 08:24:45 AM »

They should put a fee on the ones in the buffet they have the plate pilled so high that they need side boards to hold it on
Host Mike
Administrator
Commodore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 07:59:16 PM »

"After listening to complaints about the new charges, Carnival Cruise Line Brand Ambassador John Heald posted the following message on his Facebook page about the cruise line’s plan to pause these new charges:

“Hello everyone, hope you are all having a brilliant Sunday.

I had previously told you about changes to our room service offerings that would go into effect in January.

I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of making some adjustments to that plan to balance the interests of our guests with our efforts to reduce food waste costs.

For the time being then, there will be no changes until we finalise a plan that will I will communicate to you all.

Cheers and have a brilliant day.

PLEASE SHARE WITH ONE PERSON” – John Heald"

https://cruisefever.net/carnival-pauses-plan-to-charge-for-room-service-on-cruises/
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 08:00:52 PM by Host Mike » Logged
RichC
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 05:31:29 AM »

Wow, they actually had second thoughts about charging. That's something that Princess doesn't normally do.
I guess they saw a rebellion from their loyal customers coming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: