Author Topic: The coronavirus cruise ship problem: 'Every lost voyage' could cost $4 million  (Read 25 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
"The cancellations will have a negative impact on earnings, according to Hardiman.

“I think with every passing day it is becoming a — it's creating a materially negative impact on the earnings at some of these cruise companies,” he said."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-hits-cruise-lines-151931325.html

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Even I'm thinking about holding off any future booking for this fall season.  :-\ :-\

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
Even I'm thinking about holding off any future booking for this fall season.  :-\ :-\

It certainly merits extra consideration. Those passengers on the Diamond Princess had no clue, or prior concerns. Now, we have seen the contained environment of a cruise liner turn into a floating petri dish.
Booking a cruise in the immediate future is like playing vacation roulette... no one knows if, or where another breakout emergence will occur. Passengers and crew will be screened, but people will be coming in contact with unscreened individuals through the entire supply chain.
And since Id have to fly :o to the departure point, a cruise vacation for the DW and myself is positively OFF for the foreseeable future.

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
That's another thing....being cooped up on a plane for a few hours.  :(
At least half the cruises I've been on I usually come down with a cold a few days later although this past trip it hasn't happened yet.  :D