Princess Cruising > Cruising Chatter

U.S. Administration urgently debating barring U.S. cruise travel

(1/1)

Host Mike:
"The administration is urgently debating measures aimed at reducing outbreaks on board cruise ships with several officials confirming the administration has reviewed potential restrictions on U.S. cruise ship travel.

Officials differed on whether the dramatic step of temporarily barring new cruises was being seriously considered. Cruise lines in recent days have liberalized cancellation and rebooking policies and some cruise travelers reported ships are traveling with far less than maximum capacity. "

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-cruiseships-exclus/exclusive-u-s-considering-discouraging-some-travelers-from-cruises-sources-idUSKBN20T29M

RichC:
If so, it the restriction should be applied to all forms of travel outside the US equally- not just cruise lines.

I don't know why they just can't quarantine all passengers that travel outside the US when returning. At least until their checked out for the virus. If people knew this beforehand they might think twice before leaving. 

I think that next year most people will have a different view about getting a flu shot in general. I'm pretty sure they'll have a vaccine for it by then. 

Host Mike:
The U.S. administration is now debating barring interstate travel to and from certain infected states.

RichC:

--- Quote from: Host Mike on March 15, 2020, 09:12:06 AM ---The U.S. administration is now debating barring interstate travel to and from certain infected states.

--- End quote ---

What about food/ medical supplies?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version