Author Topic: Dump CCL Stock?  (Read 113 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
Dump CCL Stock?
« on: April 04, 2020, 11:04:01 AM »
"Due to COVID-19 pandemic, Carnival packed a lot of bad news into the first three months of 2020, a theme that did relent on March 31. To cap what was a tumultuous quarter, Carnival said it’s selling $1.25 billion worth of equity – diluting existing investors in the process – selling $4.75 billion worth of private debt and suspending its dividend so if you think the 15.19% yield CCL stock closed the quarter was tempting, don’t take the bait."

https://investorplace.com/2020/04/seismic-change-coming-dump-ccl-stock/

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Dump CCL Stock?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 10:09:45 AM »
I agree with their thinking 100%. I know we'll be sailing in the future as soon as this virus pandemic is solved but there are many people who won't return to what was an enjoyable form of a vacation.
Still many other newbies won't venture on a cruise ship because of all the bad publicity all the cruise lined have gotten recently.
It'll be a long time until this recent occurrence is forgotten & anything of a typical cruise returns once more.
It's still tempting to think about purchasing more CCL stock but I think I'll pass for other opportunities & just wish them the best for the future. 

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
The Saudi's and yours truly bought CCL around 18.  Micky Arison added more CCL to his stash around 10.  Do you suppose the Saudi's and Arison know more than a little bit about CCL?

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 05:42:09 AM »
Investing in your own company has always been said to not be a smart move.