Author Topic: Cruisers not deterred by coronavirus pandemic, still booking future voyages  (Read 84 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
"An April 8 Morgan Stanley industry note obtained by USA TODAY revealed customers are still booking cruises, primarily for 2021, though some cruisers are optimistic and are still booking from July onward."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/04/16/cruisers-still-booking-trips-spite-coronavirus-pandemic/2868160001/

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Somehow I see this article as fake news.
How many of the new booking are really from people who just decided to go on a cruise?  ;) ;)

"Most of these (customers) are simply rebooking cancelled 2020 cruises using cruise credits. Around half of passengers whose bookings have been cancelled seem to be electing to take a future cruise credit rather than a cash refund, according to agents," the Morgan Stanley note reads.

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
Somehow I see this article as fake news.
How many of the new booking are really from people who just decided to go on a cruise?  ;) ;)

"Most of these (customers) are simply rebooking cancelled 2020 cruises using cruise credits. Around half of passengers whose bookings have been cancelled seem to be electing to take a future cruise credit rather than a cash refund, according to agents," the Morgan Stanley note reads.
Cruisers like to hedge their odds of securing cabins of choice on selected voyages. Your point of 'rebooking credit consumption' is bang on!

Offline TrishEd

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
I still have two booked for the end of the year. If I could figure out how to do some more when they open up I would book. I am sure there will be good prices to entice us back onboard

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
I still have two booked for the end of the year. If I could figure out how to do some more when they open up I would book. I am sure there will be good prices to entice us back onboard
I wish you the best of luck.

They'll be many people watching those cruises very closely to see the results.... and not only on Princess but all the cruise lines.