Author Topic: Relaxation and serenity in Sactuary Club while staying away from the lower class  (Read 460 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
"Elevating the art of relaxation and serenity, Princess Cruises is introducing the exclusive, next-level Sanctuary Collection aboard Sun Princess and Star Princess, as these newest ships prepare to debut with this select, all-inclusive oasis in October 2024.

Aboard Sun Princess, the Sanctuary Club is now reserved exclusively for Sanctuary Collection guests who access the private entry via their Princess Medallion.

In the adults-only (16 and up) area, guests enjoy plush lounge furniture, private cabanas, pool and jacuzzi, attentive service, soothing music, refreshing beverages, and light fare. The Club also features exclusive programming, including sunrise yoga classes and sail-away receptions."

https://ftnnews.com/travel-news/cruise-travel/princess-cruises-unveils-exclusive-new-sanctuary-collection/

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
This sounds great, but I'm sure there's a significant cost. I have no problem with this program, since it actually doesn't deprive other passengers.
The other caveat is that the appearance of a reemerging 1st class, 2nd Class, and Steerage classification to Princess Cruises, or at least there's an
unspoken undertone to all of these pay to play privilege levels.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 09:16:22 AM by obendus »

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
This sounds great, but I'm sure there's a significant cost. I have no problem with this program, since it actually doesn't deprive other passengers.

It sure does when they take space away from the other passengers & sell it to paying customers.

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
The same argument could be made for the 'Elite lounge', pay to dine speciality restaurants, and Captains Circle cocktail gathering, or 'Spellbound' on the Sun Princess. All of these are somewhat throttled in regard to availability, but they don't deprive passengers of anything really.

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
The same argument could be made for the 'Elite lounge', pay to dine speciality restaurants, and Captains Circle cocktail gathering, or 'Spellbound' on the Sun Princess. All of these are somewhat throttled in regard to availability, but they don't deprive passengers of anything really.

It sure does and it's more apparent on the Sun Princess than ever before. They keep narrowing down the space for those lower class people with every ship build.
Being Elite these days doesn't mean that much any more.
It all boils down to $$$.