Author Topic: Princess sells Pacific Princess to an undisclosed buyer  (Read 284 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
Princess sells Pacific Princess to an undisclosed buyer
« on: January 27, 2021, 07:57:02 PM »
"Princess Cruises announced on Thursday that it has sold its ship, Pacific Princess, to an undisclosed buyer.

The move is in line with parent company Carnival Corporation’s initiative to say goodbye to "less efficient ships," an online news release said.

"Pacific Princess holds so many memories and cherished experiences to all who sailed upon her," Princess Cruises president Jan Swartz said in the release. "Pacific Princess offered a traditional style of cruising to unique destinations."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/princess-cruises-sells-ship-love-boat-cast

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Princess sells Pacific Princess to an undisclosed buyer
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »
I would have liked to sail on that ship but the number of times it sailed RT from Port Everglades was limited & we never made it.
Oh well.
At this point I suppose it'll be a while to sail on any Princess ship.

Offline nabs14

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Princess sells Pacific Princess to an undisclosed buyer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 10:05:11 PM »

We sailed on the PACIFIC PRINCESS twice many years ago with long time friends.  She was a lovely smaller ship & a real beauty in her time.  I still love to watch the "LOVE BOAT" TV show with her in it...  I would love to know where she went?? 

We sailed in her along the Amazon River to Manaus... Then again along east coast of South Africa down to Cape town...  S. A...   :) :D 8)