Author Topic: Princess Cruises Brings Back Strict Mask Requirement for Island Princess  (Read 600 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
"During the current May 26 voyage, everyone on board must wear a face mask indoors at all times except during eating or drinking or in the stateroom. Guests must also wear a mask outdoors when in large gatherings or when physical distancing can’t be maintained.

The letter continues to say, “Out of an abundance of caution, we will now be requiring guests to wear face masks while indoors at all times, except when eating or drinking or in their own staterooms.”

Princess Cruises also recommends wearing a mask when in port, but this is not a requirement and depends on local protocols. Guests are provided a complimentary KN95 mask and are asked to replace it every 3-4 days."

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-brings-back-strict-requirement-for-one-ship/73451

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Thankfully it doesn't include the other ships as well....for now.
I'm one that hates masking, especially when it's not a foolproof means of not catching the virus.

Offline CrusinEd

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
It may not be a fool proof prevention. But i will take precautions. Every little bit helps.

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
It may not be a fool proof prevention. But i will take precautions. Every little bit helps.
It helps by keeping a lot of people from sailing altogether.

Offline pizano

• First Officer
    • View Profile
Masks are useless. Every RCT carried out concerning masks for the past 100 years come to the conclusion they are, EVEN UNDER OPTIMUM conditions, and with diligent use and care of a FITTED N95 mask, of little to NO value at all.  All you need to know is that if there's an active virus around it doesn't KNOW if you are eating or drinking and become dormant when you are.   And if you are wearing anything other than an N95, FITTED pristine mask, like cloth or hospital type masks and there is an active virus in the area the MASK will NOT protect you from inhaling.  Heck you can even get the virus through your EYES!!!  That being said I realize that Princess, has little choice but to implement protocols they THINK will mitigate spread in the minds of it's passengers.  In so much as the majority are convinced that mask offer 'some' protection, doing something pro-active when cases arise is in the best interest of all concerned.  Also just so everyone knows I wear a mask whenever and wherever it is required and have no problem with those that choose to wear a mask where none is required.

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Whether masks are useless or offer some value I'll still prefer to take my chances without having to wear on everyplace on the ship.
It's what we've been doing at home here in Florida and it's worked out fine for us even when the virus was at it peak. Now that the effects have seemed to subside it's all the more reason not to wear one.