Author Topic: Enchanted Priness Sailing Season December 8 to March 27  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
Enchanted Priness Sailing Season December 8 to March 27
« on: December 12, 2023, 08:33:18 PM »
Enchanted Princess
Capacity: 3,660 guests
Built: 2020
Homeport: Fort Lauderdale (United States)
Length: Ten nights
Itineraries: Different itineraries to the Southern and the Eastern Caribbean that can be combined into 20-day journeys and feature visits to St. John’s, Roseau, St. Lucia, St. Thomas, Martinique, St. Kitts and more
Sailing Season: December 8 to March 27

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/12/winter-2023-24-princess-cruises-to-return-to-southeast-asia/

Online RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanted Priness Sailing Season December 8 to March 27
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 08:24:30 AM »
Thankfully they've left one of their better ships sailing 10 day trips from Ft Lauderdale this season.  ;D :D
I've read some so-so reports about their food lately so I'm anxious to see how accurate the posting were. It's hard to believe what some people post unless you personally know them.
We were on the ship last March & had no complaints about crew, shows or any of the food, but things can often change.

Online RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanted Priness Sailing Season December 8 to March 27
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 11:44:15 AM »
After spending 20 days on the Enchanted I'd say the food prep & quality is overall pretty good. Sure there were some items (mostly at the buffet that could have been better) but in general the prep for their food was great.
We did have some items at the buffet that were a little overcooked (leg of lamb, some pork) but nothing so bad that I would have thrown it out.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't serve eggnog at Christmas time. I heard they did have it but it disappeared so quickly I never got a taste.

The DR food was mostly very good despite the cost increase in food this past year. My wife had salmon once or twice that was overdone but still not bad.

We stayed clear of the Specialty restaurants and Gigi's which has now become a charge restaurant. It was still crowded.

At the buffet the last sea day they had special cakes prepared in the buffet line similar to the other Royal class ships but the big problem arose when there was a shortage of servers cutting the cakes. There were only 3 servers for maybe 10 cakes with 40 or 50 people standing in line waiting while the server when from cake to cake for each person cutting a small piece. The line extended from the rear buffet to almost the rear door near the elevators. Needless to say it took 30 minutes to go through the line trying to dodge people trying to take photos.
Many people just walked away.