Author Topic: Island Princess Navigates Through Space Debris Warning Zone  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
Island Princess Navigates Through Space Debris Warning Zone
« on: February 27, 2024, 07:28:45 PM »
“This warning is regarding space debris that will be falling into the ocean, an area that Island Princess will be crossing on the way to Port Louis, Mauritius,” wrote Captain Cataldi.

“We estimate that we will be at the boundary of the navigational warning on the 26th of February at 21:15. We will exit the area on the 27th of February at 9:30.”

Captain Cataldi was unconcerned with the warning, further stating, “The likelihood that any debris falls on the ship is about the same as any other day or location in the Indian Ocean; it is one of the preferred places to bring decommissioned satellites down.

“I do not see any concern in this navigational warning but feel it my duty as Captain to inform you of the possibility of this happening. If nothing else, it will create an elaborate light show at night,” he continued."

https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-ship-navigates-through-space-debris-warning-zone/124667

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Island Princess Navigates Through Space Debris Warning Zone
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 07:22:48 AM »
I wonder if their charging extra for the experience?  ;)

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Island Princess Navigates Through Space Debris Warning Zone
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 08:46:28 AM »
Premium debris viewing seating on the deck will be held until 5 minutes before splashdown. 🫣