Author Topic: Four Spots Onboard the All-New Sun Princess We’re Not in Love With  (Read 276 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
"This week, we dive into which spots we walked away from feeling ambivalent. Especially for past Princess cruisers, some of these spots could be a real disappointment and warrant a little head's up from you, their travel advisor."

1. Piazza
2. The Arena
3. Wheelhouse Bar
4. Horizons Dining

https://www.travelmarketreport.com/articles/Four-Spots-Onboard-the-All-New-Sun-Princess-Were-Not-in-Love-With

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Four Spots Onboard the All-New Sun Princess We’re Not in Love With
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 06:57:47 AM »
Interesting review. I wasn't expecting some of the new things to be problems on this ship. They've had enough experience on similar designs on other cruise lines that it shouldn't have been such a shock and could have been taken into account.

1. Piazza
This has always bee a crowded area on all their ships, so nothing new here.

2. The Arena
I'm used to arriving early to any events on any Princess ships but an hour early is getting a little ridiculous. Perhaps they should eliminate the reserved seating for Premier people and utilize the seating for anyone who arrives early.

3. Wheelhouse Bar
Not of our concern.

4. Horizons Dining
We'll be trying both the Soleil and the Eclipse on our B2B trips just to see how each DR operates. The All American Dining Room doesn't have appeal except for a quick lunch as we expect more on a cruise then simple meals.

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 12:15:20 PM »
The Premiere reserved seating practice is abysmal. Many empty seats, and when they finally open up these seats 5 minutes before showtime, it's amusing to find people diving into the seats in an experience that reminds me of chuming the water on a fishing adventure.

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 01:01:44 PM »
The Premiere reserved seating practice is abysmal. Many empty seats, and when they finally open up these seats 5 minutes before showtime, it's amusing to find people diving into the seats in an experience that reminds me of chuming the water on a fishing adventure.

I've only see the reserved seating on the Royal class ships & although they released them 5 minutes before showtime, we always arrived early to get the seats we wanted anyway. There was always a scramble for those reserved seats but I suppose on the Sun where seating seems to be limited, it might be even more so.