Author Topic: Three reasons why Princess has seriously gone downhill  (Read 222 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
Three reasons why Princess has seriously gone downhill
« on: April 12, 2024, 03:12:07 AM »
  • Called 1-800-Princess to check on an existing online booking.  Got a Princess rep. who could only just barely speak English!  All he seemed interested in doing was trying to sell the premier package.
  • Received a Princess colorful email ad from "Princess Cruises <info@em.princess.com>" offering Hawaii excursions at a quickly expiring discount.  There are no Hawaii excursions yet to be offered on our Personalizer excursion list.
  • Entered flight information on the Personalizer for our confirmed SWA flights.  The Personalizer falsely claimed that one of my confirmed SWA flight numbers doesn't exist
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 03:31:59 AM by Host Mike »

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Three reasons why Princess has seriously gone downhill
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2024, 06:22:30 AM »
  • Called 1-800-Princess to check on an existing online booking.  Got a Princess rep. who could only just barely speak English!  All he seemed interested in doing was trying to sell the premier package.

This is one thing I hate to do as I have a hearing (understanding problem) and when I get someone from another country, sometimes I just can't understand certain pronunciation  of certain words. On one of my calls I even handed the phone to my wife so she could translate for me & we just looked at each other in puzzlement.
I hate to give the person a bad review for their lack of speaking proper English but why do they hire someone for that position when they know it will only create a problem for others.

After posting I ran across this article.... funny.
https://dnyuz.com/2024/04/11/the-fried-chicken-is-in-new-york-the-cashier-is-in-the-philippines/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 06:28:05 AM by RichC »

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Three reasons why Princess has seriously gone downhill
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2024, 09:56:40 AM »
This is occurring in many industries, I'm sure. The problem develops when overseas employees lack the authority and training to manage issues for customers in other countries.