Author Topic: First look: Sun Princess  (Read 472 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
First look: Sun Princess
« on: March 18, 2024, 03:52:36 PM »
"Call it a new era for Princess Cruises.

The California-based line's new ship, Sun Princess, is its biggest ever by far. But it's not just size that sets it apart.

As I am seeing this week during one of the first sailings of the still-not-quite-finished, 4,300-passenger vessel, its design marks a turn for the line as it tries to appeal to a younger audience and more "new to cruise" customers who might not have considered the brand before."

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/sun-princess-cruise-ship-first-look/

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: First look: Sun Princess
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 06:52:08 AM »
"Sun Princess is more lively, more kid-friendly and more chock-full of dining, drinking and entertainment options than any other Princess ship that has come before."

I've been checking out all of the latest reviews on the new Sun Princess and walked away with the opinion that most of the new & exciting things are pay for options.
Yes, there are new areas to explore but most are now pay per events aimed at collecting extra $$$ even at paying a premium price for their basic cruise.
Their new design is leaving us a little confused but excited to see for ourselves if we really like it. We're mostly happy with the Royal class ships.

I might change my views on that after sailing in Nov but for now I'm still undecided.