Author Topic: CC talks about how the Sun Princess demostrates the Carnivalization of Princess  (Read 601 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
"Sun Princess is the most dramatic change and shift in the Princess Cruises product in decades. It will not appeal to everyone. Its big, bold and brash vibe often had us drawing comparisons to the go-go activity of sister brand Carnival, particularly when it came to trying to find a quiet space onboard."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles/is-sun-princess-the-future-of-princess-cruises

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Miss: The Eatery Buffet

I just can't believe that the buffet can be that crowded. It's larger than the Royal class ships and much larger than anything prior. I guess I'll have to see for myself.
Why they thought it wouldn't be necessary to have a built in drink station like all the other ships is weird.

Miss: O’Malley’s and Princess Live Are Too Popular for Their Own Good

It could be that most people now have the package & don't want to fight the buffet crowd?

Miss: The Strange Placement of Guest Services

I've heard that from all the YouTube video presentations. I hope they at least have an Elite/Suite line and it's marked out properly.

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
On the Sun Princess buffet the problem seems to be that it takes so long to go around the whole U shape seating area to find a table and find a waiter to bring you coffee.  That suggests that your food will be luke warm or cold by the time you are ready to eat.  Room service is not the solution.  Buffet seating can get sort of bad on other Princess ships but on the Sun Princess it appears to be worse.  Not being able to quickly hustle your own coffee from the drink stations on the Sun Princess is a big issue. Yes I hear that self service is not sanitary but life isn't sanitary either. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 01:39:06 PM by Host Mike »

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
From what I've seen so far the buffet is divided into sections so I'll probably skip many of them & head right to the Italian area. we usually are the first to arrive for lunch & dinner so that may solve many of the seating problems.
I have hear people say the the self service drinks are not available (as a second thought) so it might not still be as bad if you can't find a server.

I suppose it is more sanatory to have them serve all the food although I do prefer to serve myself & take as much or little as I want. If they do that with the mixed salad it's something I'll skip altogether as I only prefer to select what I want, not what they decide to pick.
If they load up to much of a particular item I can always dump it.