Author Topic: Princess wants to become a high end (and high dollar) resort  (Read 128 times)

Offline Host Mike

• Administrator
  • Commodore
    • View Profile
    • Princess Only
Princess wants to become a high end (and high dollar) resort
« on: April 23, 2024, 03:04:46 PM »
"As the name suggests, guests reserving in the Sanctuary Collection enjoy exclusive access to the ship's top deck retreat area, along with a host of additional and high-end amenities designed to enhance their voyage. These indulgences include exclusive private dining and relaxation areas, a luxurious stateroom experience, as well as the Princess Premier bundle to round out the all-inclusive allure of the Sanctuary experience."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-unveils-exclusive-new-sanctuary-collection-aboard-sun-princess-and-star-princess-302124565.html

"Our new Sanctuary Collection offers guests those ultra-private, tucked away spaces that rival any high-end resort and surpasses the offerings of comparable cruise lines featuring similar ship-within-a-ship amenities," says John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "With spacious and well-appointed accommodations, along with an array of premium extras and its exclusivity, our new Sanctuary Collection delivers the ultimate in access and indulgence to deliver an unparalleled experience."

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/princess-cruises-unveils-ship-within-a-ship-experience-on-sun-princess-star-princess

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
Re: Princess wants to become a high end (and high dollar) resort
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 09:15:22 AM »
 >:( They're slowly chipping away at all the things we used to enjoy on Princess as being included. In the very near future cruising will return to being reserved only for the very rich.

Offline obendus

• Staff Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 10:11:32 AM »
It certainly appears, on the surface of it, that Princess is becoming a 'pay for privilege' vacation choice.
I have an upcoming voyage on the Emerald, with an inside cabin, and have submitted a bid for a balcony that is nearly twice what I paid
for a similar move last November. Additionally, we've bid for an Oceanview upgrade, because I simply cannot fathom paying an fortune
to enhance our sleeping quarters.
Perhaps I'm being too much of a nitpicker, but everything from excursions to enhanced dining seems to have
increased substantially.

Offline RichC

• Commodore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 12:47:30 PM »

Perhaps I'm being too much of a nitpicker, but everything from excursions to enhanced dining seems to have
increased substantially.
I just returned from my barber & they've increased their prices for the second time this year.
Where does it end?  :-\