Princess Cruising > Cruising Tips Chatter

How to maximize your On Board Cabin Credits (OBC's)

<< < (2/8) > >>

ccrain:
Princess Visa vs. Airline Card -

I looked into the Princess Visa card, even ordered one, but they refused to increase the credit limit to cover even one cruise payment - so out came the scissors.

Instead I went with a United Visa card.  With yields on the Princess card ranging from 1 to 2 cents per dollar, the United card gives me anywhere between 3 and 12 cents per dollar (mile) depending on what kind of ticket I buy. For example in April Judy and I are flying FF business class to Singapore from SFO on 120,000 miles or, at today's prices, 6-9 cents per mile.  Our tickets to the UK last October were about 8 cents per mile.

Since we will always need airfare from CO to cruise, the yields on the airline cards just made much more sense...

f-mattox:
Sounds like you made the best choice; Princess would probably have increases your limit after you had the card for a while--but of course that does you no good right away; that's a shame.

Host Mike:
Princess Visa gave me a revolving credit line of 22K (but in reality 15K available credit) without asking.  I'll never spend that much for a cruise.  I think.   :D

Host Mike:
Refer your friends and relatives (aka Friends and Family) who have never cruised Princess reward  $25.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/referralHelp.jsp

Host Mike:
Suite Passengers and Solo Traveler benefits

Not sure if this benefit still applies:

"Passengers who pay for and occupy a full suite (mini-suites excluded), will receive two cruise credits.
Passengers who pay the single occupancy fare and travel alone in their cabin will receive two cruise credits.
Passengers who pay the single supplement to occupy a full suite on their own will receive three cruise credits. "

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na991

Each cruise credit is treated as a completed Princess Cruise for purposes of reaching Platinum (more than 5 cruises or 50 cruise days) and Elite (15 cruises or 150 cruise days) levels.  Cruise credits are also used for reaching the Princess Loyalty level (aka Super Elite level)(more than 20 cruises).

Suite passengers are currently being given a complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation night and breakfasts every morning in a specialty restaurant but the unlimited time on the Internet for Suite passengers has been dropped.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version